SO Sad

Options
spcopps
spcopps Posts: 283
I was looking over pictures from our family trip to Disney World this past October and got really sad. How did I let myself get that big? I am only down 14 lbs but when I look at those pics I can't help but think "these pics are family memories and look at me". I know that is vain but I'm not in many of the pics because I avoid cameras but those I am in is sad to see. Anybody else ever feel this way when looking at family memory pics?

Replies

• Teebowen
    Teebowen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I can so relate... but there will come a day...trust me on this when you look back at them as badges of honor... to see how far you have come.... we only know where we are going sometimes from where we have been.... 14lbs is excellent!
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    Oh yes, you are not alone! *hugs*
  • jesster64
    jesster64 Posts: 109
    Options
    Try going to an island sometime. Oh boy. I could just picture the natives thinking "look at the fat pale american". My wife has the pictures hanging up in the living room. I look every once in a while. I'm glad they're next to the treadmill. Extra motivation.
  • path2a6pack
    path2a6pack Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Humans are either running away from pain or gravitating towards pleasure - simple - you are always focused on the pain of the process
    1- Hunger
    2- Physical pain from exercising
    3- Frustration
    4- Discipline
    5- Fear of Failure
    6- Loss of comfort anti depressant binges food
    7- The length of the journey
    8- Restriction from nightly activities involving food
    9- Lack of excessive alcohol consumption
    10- Facing the truth

The amazing thing is that the mind is incapable of focusing or thinking about more than one thought at a time
    so train your mind to master your thoughts
    always and I truly mean always focus on the pleasure of the journey - when ever one of the 10 thoughts above manifest, switch to these thoughts
    & use visualization

1- Your awesome body at the pool
    2- Attraction of the other sex
    3- Easy to put your shoes in the morning
    4- your pants very loose while driving
    5- All those who ever bet against you crushed in jealousy
    6- Healthier relationship
    7- Becoming a role model to your children/friends/family/ work coleagues
    8- Healthy functioning body
    9- Slow down aging
    10- Think at 60 people think you are 40
    11- Enhanced self confidence
    12- Thinner will built people are more recognized for career promotions
    13- One accomplishment promotes another

or build your own list
    I have never ever seen my 6 pack despite many trials - a friend of mine once said: Loay, you will never ever get a 6 pack -
    I am now on a journey - the difference is, I no longer want to achieve it in a week, a month or 6 month - I simply want to achieve it no matter how long, how hard and regardless of how many failures along the way - if for some reason my friend was right, I want to know I did everything within my will power to accomplish it and that is enough.

Good Luck
  • jquinte4
    jquinte4 Posts: 17
    Options
    I absolutely feel the same. Great job on your success so far. YOU CAN DO IT:wink:
  • jesster64
    Options
    My avatar is a picture from back then. At least I lost 20 pounds since then.
  • path2a6pack
    path2a6pack Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    its not your body that is with your family, it is your spirit in a vehicle - does it matter how the vehicle looked like? what matters is that you were there and shared the memories - now the past is gone - we are here today and the question remains - how will your vehicle look like on the next vacation? use that as fuel to get on - do not focus on pain, sadness and tears - good luck
  • smhuber
    smhuber Posts: 16
    Options
    I've stopped taking pictures of myself because I don't like the way I look right now so I completely understand where you are coming from. I keep thinking, when my daughter gets older, she is going to wonder why there are so many pictures of her alone and none of her with her mommy!

You are on the right track to"happier with yourself" vacation pictures in the future. Keep up the great work!! :flowerforyou:

Shauna
  • jesster64
    Options
    Humans are either running away from pain or gravitating towards pleasure - simple - you are always focused on the pain of the process
    1- Hunger
    2- Physical pain from exercising
    3- Frustration
    4- Discipline
    5- Fear of Failure
    6- Loss of comfort anti depressant binges food
    7- The length of the journey
    8- Restriction from nightly activities involving food
    9- Lack of excessive alcohol consumption
    10- Facing the truth

The amazing thing is that the mind is incapable of focusing or thinking about more than one thought at a time
    so train your mind to master your thoughts
    always and I truly mean always focus on the pleasure of the journey - when ever one of the 10 thoughts above manifest, switch to these thoughts
    & use visualization

1- Your awesome body at the pool
    2- Attraction of the other sex
    3- Easy to put your shoes in the morning
    4- your pants very loose while driving
    5- All those who ever bet against you crushed in jealousy
    6- Healthier relationship
    7- Becoming a role model to your children/friends/family/ work coleagues
    8- Healthy functioning body
    9- Slow down aging
    10- Think at 60 people think you are 40
    11- Enhanced self confidence
    12- Thinner will built people are more recognized for career promotions
    13- One accomplishment promotes another

or build your own list
    I have never ever seen my 6 pack despite many trials - a friend of mine once said: Loay, you will never ever get a 6 pack -
    I am now on a journey - the difference is, I no longer want to achieve it in a week, a month or 6 month - I simply want to achieve it no matter how long, how hard and regardless of how many failures along the way - if for some reason my friend was right, I want to know I did everything within my will power to accomplish it and that is enough.

Good Luck

great post. I made 2 resolutions for this year. #1 is get a 6 pack. I'm still working on that one. #2 is run a 5k. I signed up for one in june. Life is a marathon, not a sprint. A little improvement every day..
  • slapshotgolf
    slapshotgolf Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Absolutely - I actually had difficulty finding a "before" picture until recently, because I also avoided pictures. Those few I found made me on one hand feel ashamed of what I let myself become, and on the other hand motivated me to this day to distance myself as far as I can from that person I no longer recognize. Accept the reality that is who you were, and accept the thought of who you want to be. I did it in 5 short months. You can do it too.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Wow Loay that is a wonderful post. Our feelings do come from our thoughts and we have the capacity to master our thoughts.

When I look at pictures taken on a holiday shortly after my husband died, I look at that person with empathy and acceptance. That is a snapshot of my life, I've moved on from there and I will not hate that image because that is where I have come from.

Good luck, and love the person you are inside and out.

GG
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    In time, you will come to an understanding about who that woman in the vacation photos is, and you will feel compassion and empathy for her—not shame, loathing, or embarrassment. If you are lucky, that will come long before you reach your goal weight, because being smaller has nothing to do with the amount of compassion we have for ourselves.

Remember that you are not your body. There is a you—an authentic, beautiful you—who is lovable and worthy. Your body has fat, your body is transforming, but you, right now, are Enough.

There is nothing shameful about how our bodies look. They are masses of cells. And they can be changed. But You are so much bigger, so much greater, than the mass of cells that happen house you.