Bigger Busted Ladies

Options
Hi, im looking at buying a sports bra, jumping jacks is a killer without one lol, what do you recommend ? :blushing:

Replies

• Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber! They do ones with different levels of absorption depending on what you're doing :) (I go for the max level regardless)
  • chicken70
    Options
    I agree. I've just bought a Shock Absorber swimming costume and it's great.
    x
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I jog and I hate it when my boobs bounce around, I wear two sports bras, I also buy them a size to small to smush them to my chest haha. I find it also makes me more aware of my posture to have on the tighter sports bra. Just not so small you can't breath. You could always buy the first one a size small and the outer bra your regular size.
  • mizfrankie
    mizfrankie Posts: 100
    Options
    I also have a shock absorber. Amazing!!! and they make your boobs look GREAT!
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Moving comfort Maia bra is great for high impact- the whole Moving Comfort line is great! Even for p90x plyometrics, which is almost all jumping- just about to start that right now!
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I agree go with the Shock Absorber...the bouncing was my biggest concern when I wanted to start jogging...& a friend told me about the Shock Absorber bra...& it really keeps 'em in place....no more jiggling..& the fact that it makes them look perkier is a plus
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber! They do ones with different levels of absorption depending on what you're doing :) (I go for the max level regardless)

This.

I've tried many other makes, but nothing beats ShockAbsorber's.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i've never found one bra that worked. so i asked the same question on here, and was advised to wear two bras, and it works a treat for me. my puppies barely move!

i have a target sports bra under, and a crop top type thing with no underwire over the top and i've never been so comfortable jumping around.
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    in the uk, I'd check out bravissimo.com - they have about 3-4 sports bras that can accomodate the larger lady,
    I wear a sports bra over an old nursing bra (no wires to dig in) and can manage the jumping jacks.
    and mine are KK's!
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    I'd recommend Freya Active - I bought one of these about 2 weeks ago and it's fantastic. I would check out www.lessbounce.com, they have a great range of bras and also a lot of customer reviews (it's a UK site). I'm an E cup and the Freya stops 98% of bounce. :smile: Jumping jacks on Shred are now doable without having one arm across my chest LOL.

Unfortunately I've never found Shock Absorbers to be any good, not even when I was only a D cup (many many moons ago LOL).
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... I'll have to check out the shock absorbers!

I am a DD / DDD cup and find that Champion sports bras work just fine for me. I can find them at any Sports Authority or the like.
  • gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options
    i've got a freya underwired one from Bravissimo, GG and all good *thumbs up*
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi, I bought this one from M&S (if you are in the UK?). I'm a DD cup and it's fantastic! Really keeps them in place! Not too bad a price aswell. The colour is a bit bright, but i've always got a tshirt over the top, so it doesn't really matter to me. :happy:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/High-Impact-Racer-Padded-Sports/dp/B003VWY00A?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_7&nodeId=42966030&sr=1-7&qid=1302005914&pf_rd_r=10KD18H6Y1B20VZZ9MB2&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=215485807&pf_rd_s=center-3
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the feedback, my puppies will bounce no more LOL x
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be a spoil sport, but I don't rate shock absorber AT ALL. I have had about 6 of them, and they are fine up to about a DD, but past that, rubbish. The only sports bras the keep me in place (FF-G) are Freya underwired sports bras, sold at Bravissimo. I have tried pretty much every other type on the market available in my size, and nothing else comes close.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Where can I find shock absorbers?

I bought a Champion sports bra from Target, and the girls literally fell right out of them! The bra moved UP my breasts while on the elliptical.....not cool.
  • sammybey
    sammybey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My friend swears by the "ta ta tamer" at LuLu Lemon-- I may have to get one myself soon, my Nike bras aren't doing the trick anymore...