Pregnant and staying fit?

Options
I have been an active member of MFP since 1/1/11 and lost about 37 pounds. Today I found out I was pregnant and was wondering if there were any other mothers-to-be trying to stay fit during pregnancy. What kind of calorie goals do you have and what exercises do you do and how often? Any advice would be great and please feel free to add me.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/198947-fit-fabulous-and-pregnant

Join us! We are mommies to be that are staying fit and exercising throughout our pregnancy!
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I just found out I am pregnant too and I go see my doctor tomorrow to discuss how I should adjust my diet. i was running on my treadmill now I have toned it down a little but I plan on exercising at least 30-40 minutes a day so I can stay fit during this pregnancy. I'm trying to up my calories too! Good luck with your pregnancy :flowerforyou:
  • __flexylexi
    __flexylexi Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Me me me!! I had a hard time keeping up with my workouts the first 11 weeks or so, but it got better after that. :)
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I found out I was pregnant a little over 19 years ago. Back then I was an avid runner. I didn't stop running until I was 5 months pregnant and only because I leaked a little urine with every pounding step from the weight of the baby on my bladder. I walked a little over 2 miles each day right up to the day of the delivery. In fact, I walked to the hospital while having contractions because I thought it was yet another false labor lol!

In the first three months you don't need more than 100 extra calories. It's been so many years now, I forget the numbers that come after that. However, I do know it's not two complete portions in spite of eating for two lol!

I gained a total of 25 pounds during my 8 1/2 month pregnancy and lost it all by the first month simply by walking. I didn't breast feed - couldn't.

Happy to say, although she arrived two weeks early (she started trying to arrive early by 7th month - four false labors), she is very healthy.
  • lisamfick
    lisamfick Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your stories.
  • maureak
    maureak Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am not pregnant, but I wanted to share what worked for me when I was pregnant with my first. After gaining a lot of weight early, the nurse practioner gave me a food pyramid for pregnancy. It was a godsend. I followed it pretty closely and ended up with only 5 pounds to lose after the baby was born.
  • countsplunkett
    Options
    well wow miss lisa congrats.try watching carbs that what I did with kaitlyn and only gained 15 total
  • __flexylexi
    __flexylexi Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I found out I was pregnant a little over 19 years ago. Back then I was an avid runner. I didn't stop running until I was 5 months pregnant and only because I leaked a little urine with every pounding step from the weight of the baby on my bladder. I walked a little over 2 miles each day right up to the day of the delivery. In fact, I walked to the hospital while having contractions because I thought it was yet another false labor lol!

In the first three months you don't need more than 100 extra calories. It's been so many years now, I forget the numbers that come after that. However, I do know it's not two complete portions in spite of eating for two lol!

I gained a total of 25 pounds during my 8 1/2 month pregnancy and lost it all by the first month simply by walking. I didn't breast feed - couldn't.

Happy to say, although she arrived two weeks early (she started trying to arrive early by 7th month - four false labors), she is very healthy.

2nd trimester you wanna set it up on MFP as gaining 1/2 lb.. at least that is what worked with mine to where it added 200 calories to my maintenance calories.

3rd trimester- you wanna add around 400...