Has anyone used a Toni Little's Gazelle type machine?

Options
I am looking for something that is low impact on my knees, and have found a used one for sale for $75. Can anyone tell me what they like/dislike about this type of exercise? Is it a waste of $$? Thanks much!

Replies

• Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    I am looking for something that is low impact on my knees, and have found a used one for sale for $75. Can anyone tell me what they like/dislike about this type of exercise? Is it a waste of $$? Thanks much!
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    I have tried it, its kinda fun....my sister LOOOOOOOVES it, however. She does it all the time. She likes it because its quiet, no impact and if you work hard you will sweat.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it, but I saw one at the store... kinda makes me think of an elliptical, sort of. It would be low impact, and it'd only be a waste of $$ if you buy it and let it collect dust. If you make the commitment to use it then you'll get your money's worth :)
  • rainbow118
    rainbow118 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have one and i dont like it at all. It used to be quiet but now makes a very annoying noise even with every tight ect...

Instead i bought a stationary bike. It was i think $100 from walmart. I love my bike, i watch tv while i work out, the faster to pedal the more of a workout you get. And their is like 8 different resistance levels on it.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i had one didn't like mine either. was harder to do than i thought.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I had one...it squeaked and my mom said it bothered her knees, but give it a shot, maybe you'll like it :)
  • greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

I bought one years ago from the home shopping channel and eventually returned it.....I just found the machine did all the work...is in an arc shape so it really didn't take much work to get it to go back and forward.....I also found it really boring :).....at least with an elliptical you can change the resistance and you have to move it for the most part....I have bought many many many peices of equiptment over the years....some fads, some not....and this was the second worst one in my experience....if you don't already have one i would put that money towards a treadmill.....one of the best peices of equiptment I have ever bought and i can take it as low impact or high impact that i like.....anyways whatever you decide, good luck :).....
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I too have one and it was OK in the begining but it does get boring quick. It has these hiddend squeaking sounds that just drove me :mad: because I couldn't find it. It's now collecting dust in the cellar. It didn't work for me but it could work for you. The one that you are looking at is it a new model? The reason I ask is beacuse the newer models had some kind of resistance system installed. It could be worth it then but I wouldn't pay more than $50 for a use one.

This is just my Two-Cents :bigsmile:
  • ruth369
    ruth369 Posts: 38
    Options
    I used it in the when I first started on my fitness program, it was fun in the beginning I just put on my ipod and away I went, but after a while it really started to hurt my feet maybe it was my shoes, who knows?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    It does get boring after a while but so does anything when that's all you do.

Make sure it has the knob to tighten the tension - the first one we had didn't so you couldn't make it any harder.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    anything can get boring if it has one setting, or if it is your only mode of exercise. My friend had one and I tried it out, decided to buy the eliptical machine because it was the hardest workout.

Can you go to a sporting goods store and try one out? Or better yet see if you have a 2nd hand equipment store in your area. They let me do a 40 min workout on my ellip before I bought it!! lol

good luck, and happy workout!