MY breaking point

Options
I used to work in Adult Foster Care. No, not an old folks home. This was a home for adults with behavioral/mental/physical disabilities. Anyway..we had one client who was very honest, no filter at all. When I started gaining weight she would say.. are you pregnant? You look fat..etc etc.

She didnt understand that you don't say things like that to people, but hey it got me motivated!

Replies

• etpx3
    etpx3 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    So I'm asian obviously....and well asian people are VERY blunt and to the point...when I first see ANYONE i mean ANYONE the first thing they'd state is wow you got "thick" or you gained some...especially my grandmother...she's always like well you're fat anyways look at your face looks like someone pulling it from both sides its so fat...hah. don;t get me wrong love my grandma<3 but it's pretty hurtful sometimes...watch when i'm skinny ;) i'll rub it all in there faces!
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    I WORKED IT THE SAME FEILD KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    She also told me my boyfriend was too hot for me... :laugh:

Oh I miss that job.
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    So I'm asian obviously....and well asian people are VERY blunt and to the point...when I first see ANYONE i mean ANYONE the first thing they'd state is wow you got "thick" or you gained some...especially my grandmother...she's always like well you're fat anyways look at your face looks like someone pulling it from both sides its so fat...hah. don;t get me wrong love my grandma<3 but it's pretty hurtful sometimes...watch when i'm skinny ;) i'll rub it all in there faces!

It's a shame you are made to feel fat at 135 pounds. Your BMI is normal. I'm the same height as you and my goal weight is more than you weigh now! I'm aiming for 140 to 150 than I'll see how I feel. I hope you get to the point where you are comfortable with yourself. It's fine if you want to lose weight for yourself but not because you're fat...because you're not :flowerforyou:
  • Missjenn98
    Options
    I work with elementary children...they are very "honest" as well. "Are you having a baby!?!?!"

Um....no.
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options

My 5 year old told me he told everyone at my aunt's house that I was big as a house! LOL I really had to try not to laugh as I told him that is rude and not nice to say to anyone. My mom was telling my aunt that I was doing really well losing weight and my son decided to add his 2 cents. Anyway, if it was anyone besides him it might have hurt my feelings but I just considered the source :smile:
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I was at a work function outside of work (no uniforms) and my assistant manager who is very blunt ( don't we almost hate blunt people for kicking us in the *kitten*) says "oh wow,you ...filled out since you started working here".
    I was 15, getting over an undereating disorder and my hips hadn't developed when I started working there!!!! The next time she saw me out of uniform she told me my boobs had gotten really huge.
    I am waiting to see what she says the next time she see's me out of uniform,after I have lost 15 pounds.
  • kcphilly
    kcphilly Posts: 71
    Options
    One of my former coworkers was not the most polite person on earth, I'll put it that way :) Anyway one day when I new to being "bigger" I wore an empire waist shirt cause I didn't have much that fit me at the time. So nasty coworker goes up to my friend coworker and told her "don't tell her I asked, but is she pregnant?" Keep in mind that I was in my mid 20s, not married, and the nasty coworker worked in HR, they're supposed to be discrete with private info right? *eye roll* My friend gave it to her and said no way. Funny thing was my best friend actually WAS pregnant at the time and would send me her sonogram pictures, I was sooo tempted to print one out and then "forget" it by the printer for her to find. It wasn't my breaking point but it was a rude awakening that yes other people were noticing that I was gaining weight.
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    I was at a work function outside of work (no uniforms) and my assistant manager who is very blunt ( don't we almost hate blunt people for kicking us in the *kitten*) says "oh wow,you ...filled out since you started working here".
    I was 15, getting over an undereating disorder and my hips hadn't developed when I started working there!!!! The next time she saw me out of uniform she told me my boobs had gotten really huge.
    I am waiting to see what she says the next time she see's me out of uniform,after I have lost 15 pounds.

Can you smack her if it's not a work function when you see her? haha
  • etpx3
    Options

Oh I miss that job.

HAHAHHHHHHHHH my grndmother said the same thing about my ex!!! I Mean the guy was absolutely stunning but heyyy grams im not so bad!!
  • etpx3
    Options
    thank you for your kind words =) I personally don't think I'm fat I'm really just trying to lose my gut and face a little and just tone...but grandma thinks i'm a whale LOL

It's a shame you are made to feel fat at 135 pounds. Your BMI is normal. I'm the same height as you and my goal weight is more than you weigh now! I'm aiming for 140 to 150 than I'll see how I feel. I hope you get to the point where you are comfortable with yourself. It's fine if you want to lose weight for yourself but not because you're fat...because you're not :flowerforyou:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    thank you for your kind words =) I personally don't think I'm fat I'm really just trying to lose my gut and face a little and just tone...but grandma thinks i'm a whale LOL

My Filipino mil is that way! We only see them once or twice a year and the first or second thing out of her mouth after she greets us is to make a comment about each of us. What I really hate is when she says something about my kids. Now that I have lost the weight she tells me that I need to work on my husband.:laugh: I considered it a personal victory when she couldn't comment on my weight...although, then she commented on me looking old and having too many wrinkles for my age!:laugh:

D
  • etpx3
    Options
    lol they ALWAYS have something to say!

My Filipino mil is that way! We only see them once or twice a year and the first or second thing out of her mouth after she greets us is to make a comment about each of us. What I really hate is when she says something about my kids. Now that I have lost the weight she tells me that I need to work on my husband.:laugh: I considered it a personal victory when she couldn't comment on my weight...although, then she commented on me looking old and having too many wrinkles for my age!:laugh:

D
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I'm asian too so I hear ya!!! It's just so rude and superficial. If it's not about weight than its judging your wealth.

My ex's uncle (asian) use to mock me behind my back and give me dirty looks because he thought I was too fat. He doesn't even bother to reply when I say hello. Funny, because he's the same dude who is cheating on his wife so that says a lot about him doesn't it.

My gran is the only one I know who thinks 'a bit of meat' is a sign of healthiness and wealth and sees being skinny as looking malnourish and weak.
  • etpx3
    Options
    I so feel you...and it's always like a competition with asians...ohh my daughters in college or look at what car i have or look how big this diamond is...UGH be quiet!
    I'm asian too so I hear ya!!! It's just so rude and superficial. If it's not about weight than its judging your wealth.

My ex's uncle (asian) use to mock me behind my back and give me dirty looks because he thought I was too fat. He doesn't even bother to reply when I say hello. Funny, because he's the same dude who is cheating on his wife so that says a lot about him doesn't it.

My gran is the only one I know who thinks 'a bit of meat' is a sign of healthiness and wealth and sees being skinny as looking malnourish and weak.