Hello To All, New Here

Options
Hi.
I just finished a large dinner again, Feeling so full and miserable.. Sat down at the computer and did a search and came across this site. Maybe there is hope. I'm a 51 year old woman, with two grown children, divorced after 32 years of marriage and trying to make sense of life.
I have struggled with weight for the past 20 years, I've done every diet there is to do , some with a little sucsess and some well not so good. I'm a stress eater and a night eater, In the past year I have gained more that 60 lbs. and oh boy do I feel it. I like the idea of this site and have made a commitment to myself to start taking responsibility for my eating actions. I will go at my own slow pace and log in every day to report and record in my journal. I look forward to reading all of your sucsess stories, what I have read so far has been very motivating. That's what I need is motivation. So please wish me luck and I whole heartedly do the same to all of you who are on this same journey.I think I will start by taking my dog for a quick walk. I live in Southwestern Ontario, Canada and the weather is awful here tonight , but it will feel good to get out and move. :flowerforyou: Take Care
Marnie

Replies

• marnieg51
    Options
    Hi.
    I just finished a large dinner again, Feeling so full and miserable.. Sat down at the computer and did a search and came across this site. Maybe there is hope. I'm a 51 year old woman, with two grown children, divorced after 32 years of marriage and trying to make sense of life.
    I have struggled with weight for the past 20 years, I've done every diet there is to do , some with a little sucsess and some well not so good. I'm a stress eater and a night eater, In the past year I have gained more that 60 lbs. and oh boy do I feel it. I like the idea of this site and have made a commitment to myself to start taking responsibility for my eating actions. I will go at my own slow pace and log in every day to report and record in my journal. I look forward to reading all of your sucsess stories, what I have read so far has been very motivating. That's what I need is motivation. So please wish me luck and I whole heartedly do the same to all of you who are on this same journey.I think I will start by taking my dog for a quick walk. I live in Southwestern Ontario, Canada and the weather is awful here tonight , but it will feel good to get out and move. :flowerforyou: Take Care
    Marnie
  • LOVE
    LOVE Posts: 24
    Options
    Hello, I'm 13 a trying to just keep my weight under control. Some tips I have are:
    Taking walks
    Portion control
    After you eat (even something small) enter it as soon as possible so you can see how much you consume

After you excersize (even something small) enter it as soon as possible so you can see how much you work out

Make it fun, go shopping!
    This lady I know walks around the mall in the morning when it is empty and not open yet.
    Good luck! Don't give up! You can do it!
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile:

This site will help you hold yourself accountable for what you put into your body.
  • newlywedbeth
    Options
    Welcome aboard, Marnie! Your habits sound like mine two months ago. I ate till I was stuffed. My, what a difference a little website makes! You will love this site. Already I can fit into my skinny jeans again. It sounds like you already know this but here goes...

1. Take it slowly. Don't expect instant results. I only weigh in once a week, hoping I lost a pound or two.

2. Be sure to log everything down. You will be shocked at what is really going into your body.

3. Eat the calories you save by exercising.

4. Don't deny yourself treats. Just cut back the next day or exercise more.

5. Enjoy yourself and take advantage of having new friends who understand the worktable-donut and business-dinner problems we face everyday.

:smile:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Marnie! This is a really great place!

A few tips for getting started:

Read some or all of the topics at the top of the General Diet board. Lots of your questions will be answered there!

Log everything before you eat it. You'll avoid some unpleasant surprises that way, and it will help you stay on track.

Remember, this is about changing your lifestyle to one that will help you be healthy & fit ... not a "diet" that you will stop doing when you've lost the weight. Find a way of eating that you can live with long-term.

The message boards are super friendly and helpful ... lots of motivation & support here!

All the best to you! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: