New member ~ Help!

Options
Hi this is only my second day using this site so I'm still trying to figure this all out. I could use any and all encouragement for sure!!! In the past when I've tried to lose weight it has always been with the accountability of a friend. Unfortunately that accountability doesn't last long! Then I fall back into old patterns and stop working at it. So I found this site. Hopefully there will be several people to help hold me accountable and that I can help in return. I am done with all this extra fluffiness!!! I want to get healthy, I want to be a good example to my children, I want to be able to exercise and feel better about myself.

I'm looking forward to this journey and the new friends I will make along the way!

Thanks!

Replies

• wescam
    wescam Posts: 9
    Options
    GOOD LUCK, you can do it!
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hi & Welcome, take your measurements, the scales dont always move and can be demotivating, but the tape measure is your friend.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    MFP is definitely the way to go!!!!! I love it and the motivation and encouragement everyone offers is awesome!!!!! Add me if you'd like! The more to hold me accountable the better!!!!! LOL
  • lilscotslass
    Options
    First of all: welcome to the site! I'm sure you'll manage to meet your goals now that you're here, everyone is very supportive and the weight loss ticker the site gives you automatically is great encouragement in itself! Feel free to add me as a friend, the more you have on it that support you the more likely you are to stick to it, as you said!
  • woodsk1
    woodsk1 Posts: 29
    Options
    welcome! AS others have said, add friends to help adn encourage you! Its a great place to go for motivation
  • KATE509
    KATE509 Posts: 25
    Options
    Good luck and welcome..I just signed up also! Im half way to my goal so far.
  • MEMoggridge
    MEMoggridge Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! This site is awesome and when you find good supportive friends to help you along the way it makes a massive difference!!! I don't think I would have stuck with it this time if I didn't have the encouragement of my MFP friends!!!
    Feel free to add me as a friend and I will try to be there for u too!!!:smile::happy: :smile:
  • natasha198701
    Options
    Hello, My Name is Natasha and We can all get through this together Since I have been on this site I have lost a total of 16lbs and I still have 20lbs to go and let me tell you I feel great could not be more happier. I was the same way I thought that nothing would work for me but I said to myself If I don't do this for myself then no one will. So here I am 17lbs lighter and I still have ways to go.

I hope you can stick it out and do this for you and not anyone else.

Thanks Let us know how you are doing. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    welcome this site totally rocks. feel free to add me as a friend. See my best advice below

1. Log all you food even if you have a crappy day so yuo can see patterns.
    2. net at least 1200 cals. cal eaten - cals burned should = 1200 to your cal goal
    3. Ask for help when you need it.
    4. encourage your freinds back

Good Luck!
  • fikzo
    fikzo Posts: 2
    Options
    hi i have also started this yesterday. and I've been trying to introduce myself on the community message boards with no luck. how did you do it?
  • rhonda1981
    rhonda1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You have joined the right place. People will tell good job when you have worked out and people will tell you great job when you logged under your goal for your daily food allowance. We will also encourage you to get back on track when you are not feeling like doing anything or need to have an escape to unhealthy eating. Welcome to MFPs. We will help hold you accountable, make sure you log in daily so people will know whats going on.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hi Disney MOM and we so welcome you here! This site will sometimes be your life line to weight loss. The support, motivations and friendship will be with you whenever you need it! I send you best wishes on this journey and you can friend me if you would like and i will be here anytime!! Shelia
  • Cox81102
    Cox81102 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I may not log in all the time but I definately do the weigh in on here! It helps that it keeps track of how much I have actually loss! Good luck to you!!!!!:smile:
  • fikzo
    fikzo Posts: 2
    Options
    thanks Rhonda i really needed to interact with someone. appreciated