What kind of music do you listen to when working out?

Options
When I do weights I listen to hip hop. Dance music when I do cardio.

Replies

• 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    i listen to a variety, as long as its on the up-tempo side, im good to go. Favorite for cardio is hip hop/hard rock, IE. Wutang Clan, 311, Deftones, Eminem, Black Keys etc.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    loads of stuff, my favourites katy perry, and a robbie williams
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Trance for cardio
    Rammstein/Metal/Industrial for lifting
  • armedgriffin93
    Options
    Mostly BMTH and Breaking Benjamin. The fast drum beats keep me going.
  • Wampsikuk
    Options
    the up-tempo melodies and the eccentric bango and kick drum of the new Mumford and Sons CD "Sigh No More" keeps me going a fast pace.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I listen to polka when I work out
  • superninjatam
    superninjatam Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    RAMMSTEIN! Man music
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Lots of great stuff, and unfortunately a bunch of music that I would blush if people found out I listen to. (No offense George Michael).
  • DrAlbin
    DrAlbin Posts: 25
    Options
    When doing cardio, i notice my pace picks up when Lincoln Park, Papa roach, and Rage Against the Machine cycle through.
    The killers also have a good work out beat.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Faith No More
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Green day when im running fairly steady beats that arent to fast or slow for my running pace
  • ramius
    ramius Posts: 91
    Options
    Rock Definitly -- Bands like Skillet, Fireflight with some Linken Park etc.. whatever.. heavy guitar, bass and a kicken beat and I'm good to go.. :)
  • aknight245
    Options
    I go to Curves 3 times a week and it's whatever they on, it's mostly uptempo, some days though idk what they're thinking. When at home it's techno, hip hop or anything uptempo.
  • supersarah14
    Options
    I'm the BIGGEST nerd in the world. When I run, I listen to books that I put on my ipod.

:blushing:

However, when I need a good pick-me-up is 70's and 80's rock for me. :smile:
  • KATE509
    KATE509 Posts: 25
    Options
    Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Classic Rock (now Im showin my age...)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    RAMMSTEIN! Man music
    Rammstein/Megaherz/KMFDM...nothing better
  • marshmallowmind
    marshmallowmind Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with Lostprophets - Start Something album. It's got a great beat to work out to, angry enough to make you push forward & the lead singer is hot, which is like "If I keep pushing maybe people will notice me" kinda thing.
  • keegrsmom
    keegrsmom Posts: 27
    Options
    Rock music, the harder and faster the better.
  • DimenaZhena
    DimenaZhena Posts: 102
    Options
    It all depends on my mood. Somedays I'm in the mood for Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Van Halen, Aerosmith, The Beatles, John Lennon, Johnny Cash, Journey, Ozzy Osbourne, Pantera, CCR, Stone Temple Pilots, etc... (Rock of all sorts); Some days I'm in the mood for Tiësto, Armin Van Buuren, Paul Van Dyk, Deadmau5, etc. (Techno and electronica). I love music of all sorts. I've appreciated a wide range of talents and genres. :)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    dirty rap, eminem, rage against the machine, incubus, 3 oh 3, etc.