any one know how to track just dance 2?

mrsfearby
mrsfearby Posts: 6
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
ive done 30 mins on just dance, how much do i track it for as its not on the list?? xx

Replies

• I do zumba, and it's not on there.... I just track it as "aerobic dance"
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    when i play JD2 i usually burn 150-180 calories... but the only way to "really" know how many calories ur burning is w/a hrm...
  • if you figure it out let me know...i just got an xbox kinect with a workout game...kicks my *kitten* but i don't know how to track it...i usually just input as cardio boxing or something similar to the current activity in the game...

i know there are options to track dancing in general, so why not apply that to just dance?
  • For an accurate amount of calories burned...you'll need a HRM and then you can create your own exercises.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    I do the Just Dance 2 on the Wii and don't have a HRM, so I just log it as "dancing, general" from the database. Hope that helps!
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    i do just dance 2 and log it as dancing general, i have a HRM and the calories are usually less than MFP says by about 100-150 for 30 mins dancing, but it will be different for everyone, hope that helps
  • taylor1098
    taylor1098 Posts: 11 Member
    I looked it up, and someone said this:

To find out how many calories the Wii game Just Dance burns, I wore a calorie counting mechanism called the Body Bugg, and played thirty nonstop minutes of the dancing game. I am in my twenties, female, 5’8 and 133 pounds.

In half an hour I burned a whopping 190 calories playing Wii Just Dance 2 (which should be very similar to the first version in terms of caloric burn).

To break that down, that is roughly:
    6 calories a minute
    96 calories in 15 minutes
    190 calories in 30 minutes
    380 calories in 1 hour
    570 calories in 1½ hours
    760 calories in 2 hours

If you are heavier than 130 lbs and/or male, your caloric burn while playing Just Dance will be even higher.

Hypothetically speaking, 1 ½ hours of Wii Just Dance every day of the week would help you to lose 1.15 pounds each week, without any other changes to your diet or activity levels (see equation below).

Again, if you are heavier than 130 pounds, male, or have high muscle content, the number of calories Wii Just Dance burns and your weight loss potential will be even higher.
This discussion has been closed.