Pork Tenderloin Recipe Anyone?

Options
eleonoreOU
eleonoreOU Posts: 83 Member
I'm trying to use up all the stuff I have in my freezer because I always buy a bunch of stuff I freeze and that drives my boyfriend crazy ahaha

Anyways. He's not a biiiiig fan of pork tenderloin so I was wondering if any of you guys had an AWESOME AND HEALTHY recipe I could make tonight.... I'm thinking about chopping up some sweet potatoes and and bake them (yum sweet potato "fries")

Replies

• eleonoreOU
    Options
    Oh yeah and I have

Remaining 494 calories 51 carbs 28 fat -9 protein 1,323 sodium -17 fiber

If that can help :)
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    bbq pork is good and sweet potato fries are good with chipotle mayo, if u dont have chipotle seasoning you can use chili powder and garlic in the mayo and it is delish
  • Shawna0101
    Shawna0101 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I frequently make those together, actually :) I just add the smallest amount of EVOO (Thanks Rachel Ray haha) to my sliced sweet potatoes and bake them :)

As for the tenderloin, do you prefer sweet? hot? spicy? I cook tenderloin ALL the time, so Im like a walking talking encyclopedia of reasonings in my head :)
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Grilled pork tenderloins
    1 (1-1/4-pound) pork tenderloin
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 tablesppon Dijon mustard
    1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
    1-12/ teaspoon minced garlic
    1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
    ½ teaspoon salt
    Prepare grill. Cut pork crosswise into ¼-inch thick diagonal slices. Combine olive oil and next 5 ingredients; rub over pork, coating well. Grill pork 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until done. A serving is 3 ounces and has 171 calories, 7.1 g of fat, 1.2 g of carbs
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I have a super fast and easy pork medallions with apples recipe that's amazingly good and only 20 minutes to cook... message me if you're interested. ;)
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    I like this one, from Kraft:

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/garlic-pork-tenderloin-barbecue-60746.aspx

It's delicious - my husband and I have had it several times.
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    My mother makes hers with diced apples and sauerkraut in the slow cooker. Splenda's brown sugar in makes it sweet, not sour, and it's soooo delicious.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Salt, pepper, garlic, bake or grill.
    Sometimes simple is the best way to go!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    whenever i have pork i always season it with Jerk seasoning or curry / chilli powder and cook it on the stove , add your sweet potatoes and make a tasty curry and serve with a portion of fresh rice :o) yummy
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    my husband just made a good one. he maranated the tenderloin in jerk seasoning...follow the directions on teh mccormick jergk seasoning and tehn cooked is in a crockpot on low for a few hours. This si really yummy if you like spicy. You can use any maramade you like. I liek soem of the ones forom wegmans grocery store if you have those nearby.
  • eleonoreOU
    Options
    Thank you ladies........All these sound amaaaaazing to me. Now let's which one my picky eater will eat ahah
  • chattygirl2
    chattygirl2 Posts: 103
    Options
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/mustard_maple_pork_tenderloin.html

Honey mustard on pork is soooooo good!
    I use sugar free maple syrup!

all nutrition is on this page as well :)
  • timmy2strikes
    timmy2strikes Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Grilled pork tenderloins
    1 (1-1/4-pound) pork tenderloin
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 tablesppon Dijon mustard
    1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
    1-12/ teaspoon minced garlic
    1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
    ½ teaspoon salt
    Prepare grill. Cut pork crosswise into ¼-inch thick diagonal slices. Combine olive oil and next 5 ingredients; rub over pork, coating well. Grill pork 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until done. A serving is 3 ounces and has 171 calories, 7.1 g of fat, 1.2 g of carbs

This is almost how I grill mine and I love it. I have made it in the oven before but I have come to realize that Pork was made to be cooked outside on the grill. It brings out all the flavor, and the fat just melts away. MMmmmmm it is so good. Now my mouth is watering and I can't stop thinking about it. You can also wrap the sweet potatoes in foil and bake them on the grill as well. Good luck and let us know what you end up doing with it.
  • eleonoreOU
    Options
    I frequently make those together, actually :) I just add the smallest amount of EVOO (Thanks Rachel Ray haha) to my sliced sweet potatoes and bake them :)

As for the tenderloin, do you prefer sweet? hot? spicy? I cook tenderloin ALL the time, so Im like a walking talking encyclopedia of reasonings in my head :)

I am up for anything....as long as it's healthy and doesnt taste too healthy so my boyfriend will be excited to have dinner hahah