just a rant...a really BAD Monday!

Options
So, I work long hours (10.5 hrs/5 days a week) and on Mondays my husbad works at night so I have to pick my son up at my in-laws on Mondays. I typically have supper there (which is WONDERFUL- one less thing for me to worry about). I was anxious to get home because we had a bad storm Sun night and our electrcity went out so I didn't have the chance to pick up my house and knew that it was going to be a huge mess to clean and I had to get my son in bed (which can be a pretty big chore in itself) and then find the time to workout!
So, I get home, walk in the living room and what do I see among the huge mess of toys scattered around the living room?? DIARRHEA all over the place! :sad: Now, I have a Great Dane so that is no little mess! It was all over toys and books, my area rug, the entertainment stand, pretty much everywhere (except the furniture, thanks god!) I just wanted to cry!!!
Well anyway, it took me over 2 hours to clean my house and by then it was 11:00 pm and certainly didn't want to workout so I didn't! I guess I can count all the scrubing as some exercise!! LOL Well, I know this was long but I just felt I would share this story of one BAD Monday to hopefully make someone feel that there's wasn't so bad! :wink:

Replies

• aknight245
    Options
    Oh my , that's bad. Well I hope your Tuesday is better. :)
  • bethanymelton
    bethanymelton Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Life happens! Hang in there! Today is a new day!
  • MCEVITTS
    MCEVITTS Posts: 8
    Options
    You would be really surprised to know how many calories you burn cleaning. AND I bet you were pretty vigorous about it! :) Sometimes our days feel so overwhelming, so I hope it makes you feel better to know that you more than likely got your workout in without even knowing it!! Hope the rest of your week is better!
  • catherinern
    Options
    I have had that happen to me. And no matter how smart the dog is.....they cant just crap in one spot....it has to be all over everything.. I feel your pain. Hang in there sista today is a whole new day! :)
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    That really sucks!!!! Don't let the not working out get to you. S$*t happens! (no pun intended). lol. At least you got a workout from the cleaning and possible gagging. :/
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I think the scrubbing would definitely count as some sort of exercise! I see people post calories burned by "house cleaning" all the time!
    Here's to Tuesday being a better day for you!
  • TealStar13
    TealStar13 Posts: 165
    Options
    Cheese and crackers that was bad. :/ I hope the rest of your week is way better and you find no stinky surprises. :)
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    oh no! I've done that before, but I have shelties that were both sick, diarrhea, vomit, everywhere. It's terrible, broke down and just shampooed the entire carpet, it was disgusting! I definitely hear you!
    but on the bright side, I'm sure you burned tons of calories with all that cleaning!
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I have definitely been there. I once opened the door and walked right back out onto the porch. Poor doggy must have been miserable. (but it's so hard not to be mad at them.)
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Anyone with a cat or dog can relate to this, although the mess from a great Dane is certainly going to be more than a cat. :laugh:
    It happens. But no doubt you burned a ton of calories cleaning! That's not just your ordinary "dust & vacuum" cleaning!
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    That's definitely a case of the Monday's! Today is a new day though and I hope it's better for you!

We have a basset hound puppy, no wait, I should say my HUSBAND has a basset hound puppy. He's 6 months old and still not housebroken, so while it's not diarrhea, it's still more messes then I'd like to clean each day. UGH!
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I used to have a Great Dane too. I would have cried. Sometimes she would get into stuff and puke. When I would hear her, I would run and yell for her to get outside to puke. One day while running I slipped and fell in it. I was so mad. I miss my Dane, but I don't miss her getting into things or when she would go in the basement and poop in the back room. I wouldn't find it until it was fuzzy. GROSS.
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    Options
    oh my does this sound familiar. This just happened to me last week! My German Shepherd puppy had diarrhea all over the place, bad part is that she was in her cage and broke out of it twice and made a mess all over two rooms - 3 days in a row!
    Then it turned into blood in the stool as well, we had to finally take her to the vet. poor puppy. Talk about a mess, it was a horrible week. So I definitely feel your pain. :sad:
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Log the cleaning as exercise and move on. I know what it's like to have one occurrence ruin your otherwise good and productive day. So sorry to hear about yours, but you probably burned a lot of calories cleaning up the mess!
  • aknight245
    Options
    I think the scrubbing would definitely count as some sort of exercise! I see people post calories burned by "house cleaning" all the time!
    Here's to Tuesday being a better day for you!

I definitely use "house cleaning" to post my calories b/c I'm tired as heck when I'm finished.