New here!

Options
Hi I am new to the message boards, but not to my fitness pal itself. My husband and I started losing weight together in Jan. So far I have lost 25 lbs and my hubby 18. He has kinda fallen off the wagon recently and so I thought I would introduce myself here in case I need help and support elsewhere. I know he will support me, but it's kinda hard to listen and be encouraged by someone who isn't following through with the same plan anymore.

Replies

• MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am pretty new here - started in Jan, and unfortunately only lost 5lbs so far. Have joined the gym though, and lost inches, and boy, can I feel those muscles!

Feel free to friend me, we can encourage eachother!
  • vodkaswigger
    Options
    Hiya, im on my 2nd week,its a fab site for support,advice and encouragement, keep up the good work and good luck with your weight loss journey xx
  • christianmom509
    Options
    I have been following a healthy eating plan since Jan also. My husband started with me but I needed to loose 40 pounds and he only needed to loose 15. Needless to say he has met his goal so he is "cheating" a little hear and there. I have really stuck to it and have lost a total of 25 pounds so far. I had lost 10 prior to joining MFP. I am in your shoes though. My husband is still supportive but now that he has met his goal he has relaxed about it some. So nice to see you posting!!
  • kateistoned
    kateistoned Posts: 116
    Options
    This website is such a great support system - everyone is positive and both inspiring and encouraging. It's great to have friends that check in if you fall off the wagon. Good luck and congratulations on the 25 pounds so far!
  • mitts1970
    mitts1970 Posts: 56
    Options
    You're doing great so far - keep it up and you will get tons of support and encouragement from this site! Feel free to friend me if you'd like. Good luck - you can do this :)

April
    mitts1970
  • turboandrea
    turboandrea Posts: 108
    Options
    Hey there! I completely understand. It is essential to get your partner on the same path to ensure long-term success. You can do it! :) It's so wonderful that you've already seen progress - congratulations! There is a great community here on MFP that will motivate you. Also check out the message boards for helpful tips, advice, etc. :)