My first big non-scale victory!!!

Options
Shellz206
Shellz206 Posts: 97 Member
I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding on July 3rd. About three weeks ago, I went to try on dresses with the bride at David's Bridal.

Well, when we went, I was totally in between sizes. One was too small and would zip a little more than half way, but no further. The next size up was HUGE on me. When it was zipped, you were able to grab two whole handfuls of extra fabric.

So I didn't buy it that day.

Welllll..... we went to order my dress yesterday and I had planned on buying the one that was too small, figuring I'd get into it come the end of May (when its due to get into the store). I put the dress on... and IT FIT. The dress that did not fit me about 3 weeks ago FIT. The woman also said it would be super easy to take in two sizes, if needed (which it will be!).

SO happy!

For anyone wondering, Its this dress, in the 'pool' color: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Tea-Length-Dress-with-Grosgrain-Ribbon-and-Bow-8585_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Short-Bridesmaid-Dresses

Replies

• maryheightchew
    maryheightchew Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That dress is gorgeous! and a great motivator to keep on track. Good luck!
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What an awesome feeling. Its going to be an even better feeling when they have to take it in 2 sizes!!!!
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    That's frikkin' awesome! WTG you!
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Awww! That is AWESOME!! I'm really, really happy for you! I'm in TWO weddings in June, and for one of them the dress I bought was too small. But now I can zip it up and everything! Isn't it such an amazing feeling to unintentionally accomplish a goal really quickly?? :)
  • WendyDemers
    WendyDemers Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Awesome! WTG:}
  • TealStar13
    TealStar13 Posts: 165
    Options
    That's flipping awesome!! Way to go you. Woot Woot! :D
  • Shellz206
    Shellz206 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. It feels AMAZING! I've been dancing around my house, in my car, and now even at my desk ever since. Haha! :)
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Awesome! So happy for you! I am in a wedding in July and we were forced to order our dresses back in December. I've lost almost 20 pounds since then and I made the mistake of ordering what fit THEN, even though I knew I was planning on losing weight. The saleswoman pretty much made me get the size I fit into instead of going one down. It came in a couple weeks ago and it is HUGE. I'm so irritated, now I have to pay them for alterations... boo! Oh well I am looking at it as a NSV, also! =)

Here it is: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Short-Cotton-Dress-with-Y-Neck-and-Skirt-Pleating-83690_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-All-Bridesmaid-Dresses

Have a great time at the wedding, you'll look great!
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    Beautiful dress and the "pool" color will look smashing on you with a nice tan.

Good work !

Love that feeling !
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    congrats.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!