Feta, Spinach, and Gouda Laughing cow Alfredo Chicken

Options
jr1985
jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
Laughing cow cheese has been my new favorite thing! So have decided to play around in the kitchen with it to make some of my cheesy favorites a little healthier :)

Came up with this one last night. Hope you enjoy!

Feta, Spinach, and Gouda Alfredo Chicken:

Ingredients:
2 TBS light 50 calorie butter
2 TBS flour to thicken
3 cups skim milk
6 laughing cow cheese wedges - I used Garlic and herb but swiss or tomatoe basil would also be great
7 Tbs reduced fat parmesan cheese
1 bag of boneless skinless chicken tenders boiled
1 cup feta cheese
2 cups raw spinach chopped
1/4 cup bread crumbs - (Due to time, I just used store bought seasoned bread crumbs, but you could easily make your own with 35 calorie bread and your favorite spices :)
12 slices smoked gouda cheese - I get mine at Sam's club, if you can't find the pre-sliced kind it was just 80 calories a piece, not sure if that helps or not.
- I dont realy measure my calorie free spices - but a liberal shaking of:
salt free - Greek Seasoning
Black Pepper
Adobo
Rosemary

Directions:

1. Boil the Chicken - I boiled mine overnight the night before in a crock pot, then drain and shred
2. Make a melt the butter and stir in the flour
3. Add the milk, laughing cow cheese, 5 TBS of the Parm, and spices, cook until melted and the sauce is starting to thicken
4. Add the shredded chicken, Feta, and spinach, stir until all is evenly coated
5. Spray a 9"X13" glass pan with cooking spray, and spread out the chicken mixture
6. Layer the Gouda evenly over the top,
7. Top with the bread crumbs and remaining Parm
8. Bake at 350 until it is warm and bubbly... this is only about 15 minutes if the chicken and sauce is warm... closer to an hour if you have made it the night before and put it in the refridgerator.

Makes 12 Servings, about 390 calories per serving, but they are decent sized servings!

Enjoy!

Replies

• amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TealStar13
    TealStar13 Posts: 165
    Options
    Mmm that sounds delicious!! Thanks
  • kanakike8
    kanakike8 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    OMG I LOVE using Laughing Cow in recipes! And this sounds sooooo super delicious! I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • smiller9
    smiller9 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    thanks! Bump
  • TisMee76
    TisMee76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous you guys get flavored Laughing Cow cheese over there.

I can only get the original flavor! :(