APRIL - 30 DAY SHRED - PLEASE JOIN!

Options
Hey Everyone!

So yesterday I did my very first day of 30 Day Shred! I did Level 1 & let me tell you I am feeling it today! My arms and legs are still sore! I would love for others to join me for the next 30 days & track our progress. My goal is to lose 50lbs by Sept 23, hopefully lose at least 40lbs by August 19 (my birthday) so I can rock a hot little black dress for my hubby & go out dancing or something!

I have to admit I wasn't 100% convinced that a 20 minutes workout would really help me but let me tell you that the workout exceeded my expectations. I was drenched in sweat by the end of the 20 minutes & it was a great feeling to be able to get that kind of workout in 20 minutes & be able to do it at home!

My start weight is 252lbs
My goal for the next 30 days is to hopefully lose 10lbs! I'm going for 2.5lbs every week.
Aside from the 30 day shred I am also following the slim fast diet.

Good luck everyone!!!

Replies

• sarahmarr31
    Options
    Where did you purchase the 30 Day Shred? I'd be interested in starting it!! Keep up the good work :)
  • seestellarun13_1
    seestellarun13_1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think this is a wonderful goal! I just had my son 9 weeks (tomorrow) ago. It came off quickly the first two weeks then it just came to complete stop...so frustrating!

Although I didn't start yesterday, I could start the 30 Day Shred with you today! I would just be one day behind. I'd love to be motivated/and motivate someone doing the same program. Let's do it together!!
  • ACCSanchez
    Options
    Wow! I want to applaud you for finishing that workout! 20 minutes sounds like nothing, but I have the DVD and I have to work up to the 20 minutes. I'm trying to do Level 1, warm up + 1st set & then add a set, etc. to ramp up to the full 20 minutes. I sent out a similar "challenge" to my friends on Facebook awhile back, but no one joined me :-( and then I lost motivation. I really don't want to do the same workout every day, but I will try to join you on MWF.

sarahmarr31, I got the DVD at Walmart for $9.
  • Cydnie197
    Cydnie197 Posts: 38
    Options
    Ooooooh! I'm going to go get the DVD! I'll be in your club!!!
  • kgoulbourne
    Options
    I'm in!

I purchased this on Amazon.com for about $8.00. I had been doing the elliptical and Pilates for about a month, without results.

I thought I was in decent shape before I started this, but man I was wrong!! This workout is awesome! I have noticed a big difference in muscle tone in my legs and less cellulite. I hope to get to level 2 in about 10 days.

I only have about 20 minutes to exercise per day, so this is perfect. I have lost 2.5 pounds since I started and have been supplementing the workouts with a diet that is high in protein and fiber and low in carbs.

Good Luck and keep up the hard work!

SW: 150
    GW: 132
    I have gained 15 lbs since last August and would like to get back in to my bikini for summer :)
  • EnchantedRose
    Options
    Everyone is welcome! Whether you started yesterday/today/ or tomorrow. What matters i that we motivate each other! A few days won't make too much of a difference! We can post our weigh-ins every monday!

I'm not sure what stores carry the DVD but i'm sure places like Target or Walmart or even Best Buy may have them. I got mine on Amazon. I also got two more from her....6 Week 6 Pack & Ripped in 30. My plan is to alternate them. I am really going to try to get to my "goal" by the time my vacation rolls around. My plan is as follows: Do the 30 Day Shred for 30 days, then the Ripped in 30 & then 6 Week 6 Pack that should get me a little over 3 months of workouts. I love that her workouts aren't extremely long & I can fit them into my schedule. I'm going to do level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10, and level 3 for the last 10. I'm not much of a workout girl & I pushed myself yesterday to get through the 20 minute workout! It was hard but hopefully it'll get a bit easier every day!

I am also doing Slim Fast. For the first two weeks I am going to have a shake in the morning, a small lunch & dinner & two snacks (either a fruit or a 100-calories snack pack). Hopefully my body & stomach will start getting used to less calories & food & then I can do 2 shakes, BF & L & a small dinner. I did slim fast once before & the drastic change in what I was eating made me get sick & lightheaded, so i'm going to gradually work up to it.

It's hard when you don't have anyone to really work out with like myself...not mention the time. I'm hoping that the site & the groups can give us the motivation to really get our butts in gear.

Good luck to everyone!! Can't wait to lose weight together!!
  • ACCSanchez
    Options
    Okay EnchantedRose, I am especially rooting for you because I see that you are going on a family vacation to Disney! I worked there in college. It holds such great memories and every time I go back, I have FUN FUN FUN! When my daughter was 18 months, I carried her in a mei tai on my back, and we zoomed around the parks and had a blast! Hoping for such fun for you!
  • ACCSanchez
    Options
    I DID IT! I completed the whole 20 minutes of Level 1 today! I haven't been consistently doing the 30 Day Shred but today I felt like I could go on, so I did. There were a few places where I had to stop, like I couldn't complete all the pushups they did, but I stuck w/ most of it.

How is everybody doing?