Has anyone tried toning shoes?

Options
Do they work?

Replies

• xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    yeah i did. They didnt do anything for me, i think there a bit of a gimmick. Shame:(, i had hope to! haha
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I bought them.. not the Skechers or the Reeboks which is what I really wanted, went with the cheaper version made by Champion (I think). At any rate they were similar to the Skechers but did nothing for me, didn't really notice too much of a difference.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I have Shape-Up boots....they are comfy and sort of look like UGGS, but they really didn't do much. My mother has Shape-Up shoes and she swears by them. She has not lost any weight, but she says that her legs feel firmer and she can stand for longer periods of time without her feet hurting (she is a nurse and is always on her feet).
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    I bought Rebook RunTones and felt the burn on the back of my legs during a long walk that I took the other day. I felt more of a burn then in my regular sneakers.
  • tknuzum
    tknuzum Posts: 52
    Options
    I have the champion ones also, and I don't know that they do much, but I do know they are comfy. And when I take my dog for a walk I feel more burn that in regular shoes. So yeah. The comfort factor is big for me. And I wear them all the time. Like I said don't know if they work, but they are comfy for me!
  • cmor2005
    cmor2005 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    They worked wonders on my butt! I swear by them now. Don't do the sketchers "shapeups". 1) they look funny lol and 2) I don't think they work. Go for the Reebok ones. They cost a little more but are worth it. I wasn't sure if I was going to like them, but I love them.

I use to have a rock solid toosh when I was in high school/college. Then when I gained my weight, well i don't have to explain what happened to it lol. I bought those shoes in January and by the end of February my butt was rock solid again. There is literally nothing to grab onto unless you take your whole hand and grab the whole thing lol.

My advice, if you get them, use them all of the time. Wear them while you're walking around the house cleaning. Go for 20-30 minute walks every day. Wear them all of the time that you can. That's what did and I am very happy with the results.

The first time I had them, I had bought the cheap version from Payless because I didn't want to pay all the money and not like them. But they got ruined so I had to buy new ones and since I had already felt a difference, I bought the reebok.
  • lnelson88
    lnelson88 Posts: 64
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have two friends who have them. One has the Sketchers (Kim Kardashian ones) and the other has the Reebok ones and they both swear by them. I just wonder if it's worth the $60+ to buy them.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I have the Skechers ones, and I like them. They're very comfortable, and my feet don't hurt so much when I wear them on a long walk. In fact, I plan on wearing them to the zoo this weekend. I don't notice them working my butt and thighs, but I do feel a different burn in my calves and shins, in a good way. I think it all depends on how you normally walk and stand, if that makes sense. They do seem to help with posture too, and that's good for lower back pain, if that's an issue for you.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I have sketchers shape ups the did nothing to firm and tone, but if you spen all day on your feet they are great
  • lnelson88
    lnelson88 Posts: 64
    Options
    Oh it's absolutely an issue for me! I have scoliosis and even wonder if THAT would matter with these shoes.
  • cmor2005
    cmor2005 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have the Skechers ones, and I like them. They're very comfortable, and my feet don't hurt so much when I wear them on a long walk. In fact, I plan on wearing them to the zoo this weekend. I don't notice them working my butt and thighs, but I do feel a different burn in my calves and shins, in a good way. I think it all depends on how you normally walk and stand, if that makes sense. They do seem to help with posture too, and that's good for lower back pain, if that's an issue for you.

I've always had muscular calves and thighs so the first place I noticed it was my butt. My calves have never had any fat but my thighs have gained some after gaining all of that weight. But now you can't grab anything on them either. The butt is just where I noticed it first lol

I agree with the posture thing. It really does help with lower back pain.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Oh it's absolutely an issue for me! I have scoliosis and even wonder if THAT would matter with these shoes.

It might. Do either of your friends have the same shoe size as you? I might see if you can try them out. Or buy a pair and wear them in your house for an hour or two. Then you can take them back if you don't like them, as long as you didn't wear them outside.
  • Higglyjiggly64
    Options
    I have the Sketcher's shape-ups. I bought them for work since I'm on my feet all the time. I loved them so much I bought a pair for home too. Many people don't like them because they are heavier than normal shoes, so keep that in mind. I also noticed a burn in my calfs when I went for walks.
    I like them mostly b/c they do help with posture, they have helped my lower back pain, and they are comfortable. I have orthotics in my regular pair of shoes, but my feet will hurt after a long walk. Not with the sketcher's though.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I figured they were just a gimmick but if they help with posture I might have to try a pair.
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I have the Reekboks and I really like them, they're comfy. My legs and bum have toned up, but I would say that's just because I actually started walking and have lost weight (as opposed to sitting on my *kitten* all day), so wouldn't say that's necessarily due to the shoes.
  • HalfofHilary
    Options
    I bought the Sketchers Sahpe ups. and I LOVE them... I don't know if they are actually firming anything. But buying them is what finally got me motivated again to get moving. They are so comfy on your feet and just the fact that I paid so much for them, I feel like if I don't walk during the day that I wasted money.. and i HATE wasting money!

*edited to add

I did notice the first week or so that I had them, my lower back hurt after my mile walks. But I think it is because it was fixing my posture. Now they don't hurt at all and I can walk forever in them.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of them in theory, but i wish they did them in normal shoe/boot style rather than just trainers, because theres no way im walking around in trainers all day. Wouldnt go with my normal style of clothes.
  • HalfofHilary
    Options
    Suzy, Sketchers makes shape up boots and mary janes and flip flops! They aren't very hideous either.
  • reallivefitness
    Options
    I have a pair of reebok toning knock-offs, and I hate them. I mean, yeah, they are super comfy and were pretty nice to wear around all day just for the comfort, but after a few days of wearing them, they just destroy my knees and the outsides of my feet, to the point where walking around barefoot becomes painful. I would be wary of anything promising miracle results, and these def fall into that category for me.
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I had MBTs, they were $200 down the drain and gave me blisters. Waste of money! :tongue: