Eeep! help!

Options
What foods do you eat that are healthy and low in sugar?
I did everything well in my food diary, i was even under 510 calories!

But then. * she looks at the sugar section and the gates of hell opened*

I was like 61 over on the sugar!

How does that happen!?!

Maybe i should just eat tree bark, i like trees, and who knows... i might need the ruffage,
:)

Replies

• irreligiouspiety07
    Options
    What foods do you eat that are healthy and low in sugar?
    I did everything well in my food diary, i was even under 510 calories!

But then. * she looks at the sugar section and the gates of hell opened*

I was like 61 over on the sugar!

How does that happen!?!

Maybe i should just eat tree bark, i like trees, and who knows... i might need the ruffage,
    :)
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Where are those sugars coming from?

Fruit? Grains? Milk? A Snickers bar? It'll all effect blood glucose differently and shouldn't be viewed in the same light. Not all sugar needs to be closely monitored in a non-diabetic.
  • irreligiouspiety07
    Options
    well fruit i guess.
    I had this planters peanut crap today that has M&M's in it, but i didnt eat ANY of the chocolate. Maybe i need to take that into account. It just stinks when you do so well and then its like "Oh... well thats just.... dear lord." haha.
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem every single day. What I started doing was manually deducting the sugar from half the fruit I ate. I don't eat alot of sweets and use spledna when I can and that has also helped. It's hard determining the good from the bad some times so I research the whole thing starting with Web MD.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Yea, all sugars aren't the same. While you should monitor and limit table sugar that's found in soda and sweets, the natural sugars in milk, fruit, and whole grains aren't going to have a drastic effect on blood sugar and are really unavoidable while eating healthy.
  • irreligiouspiety07
    Options
    So, maybe it would just be a good thing to cut out all the crap and try the others ( milk and such) based on how i need a day, not necessarily the "gravity" of the sugar?

I think i will try Web md.
    haha
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Well it's always good to cut out the crap. You can still have it here and there, but it's generally not helpful on a daily basis. Your sugars should come from fruit, milk, starchy veggies, and whole grains. Not soda, candy, processed 'fat free' snacks, jellies, or other things that have sucrose (table sugar) added. I have had 25g of sugar today, and only 6 came from table sugar in my yogurt. The rest was from brown rice, grape nuts, milk, and natural peanut butter.

I also had 12g in my Gatorade, but after my run yesterday I felt like crap, so I'm not including that in 'bad' sugar. Post-workout, simple sugars are acceptable.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm over by 50 today in carbs..but 100 of my allowance is from healthy carbs...I'll let it go for today...although I did have a reese's pb cup, but stayed within my cals regardless....:bigsmile: :bigsmile: