What is the 30 day shred?? Worth trying??

Options
I keep hearing about this 30 day shred. Is it a video and if so what equipment does it require?? And lastly does it really work? I hate working out in my living room but If it is as great as everyone says i would like to try it!!! Any advice is appreciated!!!!

Replies

• iitsolivia
    Options
    Jullian MIchaels DVD that is about $7 at Walmart. 20 minute workouts, 3 levels. They HURT! haha so yes, they're good for toning. They work on 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, 1 minute abs, and this cycle repeats 3 times.
  • Sandikh
    Sandikh Posts: 116
    Options
    Yes, absolutely worth it! The only equipment you need is handweights, either 3 or 5 lbs. I'd suggest starting with 3's though.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    It's an excellent full body workout that really gets the heart pumping! I highly recommend it!
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i do it, just starting level 3 and i see a toner tummy...... definetly worth it and 20 minutes only!!!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    OMG get this dvd!!! iv only been doing it for 3 days and i can see results already. all you need are hand weights and a mat if you have a hard floor. Best workout dvd iv ever done and i dont like exercise dvds!

Really kicks your butt tho so be prepared to work hard :o)
  • bow802
    bow802 Posts: 1
    Options
    It's a DVD. All you need is a mat and some weights. It's hard, but worth it. It's a 20 min workout and has three levels. Once you can do one level, you move on to the next harder level. Because it's only 20 mins, you don't get a break. I thought I was going to die the first time I did it, but kept at it. I was really proud of myself when I could move to level 2. It is recommended that you do it everyday. I think it's a very good DVD to workout to.
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    My friend has had brilliant results from it - so I ordered it. Can't wait til it arrives!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Definitely worth it!!! I lost 53 pounds and went from a size 18 to a 12.
    All you need is a set of weights (I used 3 pound ones) and a mat if you’re on a hard surface (I used a towel). I bought mine at Wal-Mart for $9.
  • mag69
    mag69 Posts: 2
    Options
    It's a great dvd ! very intense and the workouts really hurt....maybe too intense to start with, even if it is the level 1.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend this workout. I did level 1 (10x) in one month and lost 11 lbs. Now I am on level 2.
  • lnelson88
    lnelson88 Posts: 64
    Options
    Yes, absolutely worth it! The only equipment you need is handweights, either 3 or 5 lbs. I'd suggest starting with 3's though.

Yeah the 5 lb weights are way too heavy for some of those arm lifts in the beginning. Definitely start with 3 lb weights. I really like 30 Day Shred but found it hard to move past a week. BUT I have several friends who have stuck with it and have seen results.
  • Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I had this DVD for montyhs now but never tried it. Even joined challenges but never tried. But after reading so many positive reviews. I am going to do it today. Hope I can do it.
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I am still waiting for the weights I ordered to arrive but am going to do it tonight for the first time even though they're not here yet.

What do people enter this into MFP as? I'm assuming 20 mins calisthenics vigorous?
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    tag for later
  • HCGracie
    HCGracie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    After reading how everyone was doing this and having great results I got online to order it when I seen the cover I thought I have this DVD. Low and behold the DVD (and weights) was sitting on my entertainment center and had been for months and I had not used it. Of course when my husband heard me opening it he was none to pleased that I had bought something and never opened it!! So I will be starting shred today!!!
  • tonyahamilton05
    Options
    I love this DVD. I hate going to the gym because I feel so self conscious, but with this I can do it at home. I ordered this after reading several reviews on Amazon and talking to a friend that owns just about every work out dvd ever made. It is amazing! Its only 20 minutes, which is great and it works your whole body!. The first day I did lvl 1, I thought "what have I gotten myself into?" But I"ve stuck with it and after 10 days I switched to lvl 2. I dont like it as much as lvl 1 but its only for another 7 days so I think I can make it. My best friend had a baby about 7 months ago and is still trying to lose baby weight and cant do a long exercise so I suggested this to her. She loves it too! I've noticed a difference. I"m not trying to lose weight, just tone up. This is really working. If you can stick with it, you will notice results in no time. I highly recommend it to anyone who needs to get in a good workout in the shortest time possible.
  • Sandikh
    Sandikh Posts: 116
    Options
    I am still waiting for the weights I ordered to arrive but am going to do it tonight for the first time even though they're not here yet.

What do people enter this into MFP as? I'm assuming 20 mins calisthenics vigorous?

You enter it as circuit training.....
  • diverchic73
    Options

You enter it as circuit training.....

Thank you :-)

I didn't manage to do it last night as I've got a sore leg and my usual exercise tonight but I have set my alarm for half an hour earlier tomorrow to do it first thing :-)
  • diverchic73
    Options
    Well, I did it this morning and feel good for it :smile:
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm literally waiting for the postman to hopefully delivery the dvd this morning. Will be starting tonight then! I'd never heard of it until I joined MFP a few months back, but if so many people here think it's so good, you can't go wrong hey!