what is proper yoga attire?

Replies

• jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yoga pants and tshirt is what I wear
  • mysteryfoxes
    Options
    Yoga pants (or sweat pants) and a tshirt. :)
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Whatever you feel comfortable moving around in :) Also in my class my teacher has told me she prefers when students wear clothing that is snug fitting and shows the ankles so that she can see your body properly to make sure you are doing the poses correctly and so that she can make proper corrections - hope that helps! :flowerforyou:
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'd say anything comfortable that you can move in. You don't have to have special yoga clothing (although it is very comfy!)
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    I usually just wear my lululemon tank and a pair of yoga pants or capris. No shoes or socks.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I have just bought some 'proper' yoga pants/trousers. I've not tested them yet, but I do advise investing in something similar as many sports clothes have heavy seams around the waist which will leave you with bruises when you do rocking movements on your back etc.

Other than that, I wear a sports bra (for comfort) and a t-shirt. Comfortable clothing, not too baggy so the teacher can see what your body is doing and rectify problems, and layers to keep you warm.
  • chillijam1
    chillijam1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    something that wont restrict your movement when stretch out etc.i dropped two dress sizes when i use to do yoga three times a week ,great way to tone up ,people think its easy but if you have a good yoga teacher you will find its not has easy has it looks :smile: good luck and enjoy
  • gojessicago
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! xoxoxoxoxo