Is my stomach shrinking??

Options
I know that stomachs can stretch.... but always thought the thing about the ability of the stomach to shrink was a sort of urban legend.

anyhoo, I had been cutting my portion sizes down dramatically.... yesterday I had 1 chicken breast , 2.5 servings of steamed string beans..... it was a struggle to finish my food.

I am noticing that with all of my meals lately...today I have cabbage for lunch....2.5 servings ( it is one of my favorite vegetables).... and a small baked chicken leg.... I'm going to be upset if I cannot finish it all.

Replies

• snockers3112
    snockers3112 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I believe it does, I can't each as much as I used to, and my partner is saying the same thing (we are getting healthy together).
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    as we get older we tend to ignore the message that our body sends to our brain letting us know were full....which is why so many of us are overweight. Somestimes its up to 20 minutes too late before we get that omg I ate too much feeling. If you are noticing you are feeling full sooner than usual its a good sign that you are now in tune with your body and listening to it.
  • iDreamNEON
    iDreamNEON Posts: 112
    Options
    Yes! I love that feeling. It makes me believe that my efforts aren't in vain and that my body is adjusting to my lifestyle. Even when I think I want to gorge myself on food my smaller stomach says no and if I do continue to eat I feel miserably stuffed.
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I definitely notice that I am able to eat less than I used to, after adjusting my intake for a while. But it's really easy to go back to where I can eat tons, too. The stomach seems to be a very dynamic part of the body. :laugh:
  • eternlgladiator
    Options
    I've noticed mine getting smaller. Last night I had what I would call a very small portion of turkey tacos and afterwards it felt like I just got home from an all you can eat buffet. I was ready to throw up. Luckily I didn't but I'm getting smaller portions and more meals in to help keep my metabolism up.