What exactly do I want?

Options
I keep saying I need to tone my body. I have lost 32lbs with 8lbs to go and whenever I read about ab exercises I always read....you have to lose the fat first...does that mean the remaining fat I have there or the fat I already lost?

I don't need abs of steel or a 6 pack I just need it to not roll over my pants when I sit down. I have been trying to do varied crunches and some say do 600 a day others say that is too much and to do 20 3 or 4 times with a break in between. I am in no hurry and still do my cardio but want to help firm it up.

At the end of the day I am still left wondering what to do, how much and how often.

Replies

• Christie81
    Christie81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I would do strength training with HIIT cardio. Focous more on strength training and less on the cardio. As for your abs I would do a bunch of different kinds of exercises vs straight crunches. Google ab exercises and you will get all sorts of ideas! :)
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Where do you read that you need to lose fat first? Do you only do cardio and crunches? You should incorporate full body strength training into your work outs, not just abs.
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    I have no advice, only that if I had to do 600 crunches in a day I would die.
  • Christie81
    Christie81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have no advice, only that if I had to do 600 crunches in a day I would die.
    LOL Me too :bigsmile:
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I mostly do Wii EA Sports Active, Just Dance and in the warmer months I walk A LOT ...love my walks.
    When I say crunches I mean all the variations I have googled online :wink:

As for the losing fat first..I believe it was on here when I searched. Basically it was saying that you can tone and firm all you want but if there is a layer of fat on top you won't see the results until you lose that fat.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    As long as you are eating healthy you can lose fat while strength training. Of course you want cardio too, but eating the right way strength training is one of the best ways to get fat off. Cardio actually will hold on to a little extra fat for energy for the endurance.
  • iggyscott
    iggyscott Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    try Yoga it will give you full core work out. check your on Demand on your tv ours has different Yoga levels and it is free.