Diamonds in the Rough - 7 Week Challenge [Week 4]

Options
[Sorry, this challenge is now full! Please check back at the end of April for Round 2!]

It's Week FOUR!

Congratulations to all of my beautiful Diamonds for you COMMITMENT to this challenge. Please note that, once again, there are some changes to the partners. Please check the list below for any changes... you may have a new partner! If there was a change you were not expecting and/or are not pleased with, let me know! I work my bum off to keep this group strong, so we should all very darn well be happy!

Now for the moment we have all been waiting for! THE WINNING DIAMONDS! Congratulations to all of the Winning Losers!

Khalilah (bballgrrl34) lost 2.5 pounds!
Shalon (Shallo) is down 2.6 pounds!
Elle (ElleJay221) is down 0.8 pounds!
Kathy (kkmark) is down 0.5 pounds!
Janice (jwill10) lost 1 pound!
Our biggest loser this week is Lindsey (baypathgrad), down a tremendous 5.2 pounds! (She suggests that some of it may be water weight, but we are still VERY proud!)
Jamaica (miss_jamaica) - I lost 0.5 pounds, and am happy with any downward move!

Didn't make it on the list this week? As always, keep striving! This is a marathon, not a sprint!

Let's all support Stacy (catsdogsandkids) who has hit a dreaded plateau. It happens to us all Stacy, and we wish you continued motivation!

***Question of the Day***

"A failure to plan is a plan to fail," someone once said.

Since beginning your journey have you discovered any negative triggers? What prevents you from staying on task?

My Answer:

I recently discovered that one of my triggers for eating poorly and/or not exercising is when I make changes to my routine. For example, yesterday I started a new job and didn't do well on either front.

Keep Shining Diamonds!
Jamaica

Diamonds in the Rough Guidelines:

- Write as much as possible when writing to your buddy and in the forum, we are in this together!
- Please MESSAGE me (karlajamaica) your weight LOSS on or before Monday of each week. Any day is fine.
- Support, support, support! Who can’t use a home court advantage? Let’s cheer each other on!

IMPORTANT NOTE

In order to maintain some order on the forum, I will close the forum and start a new one every Monday. So, look for “Diamonds in the Rough – Week 1” etc. each week.

Team 1
Khalilah (bballgrrl34) – 11 lbs
Sarah (SarahRuth)– 14.4 lbs

Team 2
Jamaica (karlajamaica) – 10 lbs
Trish (Jamgal78) – 14 lbs

Team 3
ElleJay (ElleJay221) – 10 lbs
Lyndsey (baypathgrad) – 10 lbs

Team 4
Kathy (kkmark) – 10 lbs
Falicia (morefitmom) – 10 lbs

Team 5
Jessica (Lailah28) – 15 lbs
Janice (jwill10) – 14 lbs

Team 6
Shalon (Shallo) – 10-14 lbs
Emily/Em (Emilyanne6081) – 10-15 lbs

Team 7
Stacy (catsdogsandkids) – 10 lbs
Fi (Fifibox) - 1 kilo/wk (2.2 lbs/wk)

Team 8
Sara (SAWyland) – 10 lbs
Steph (Robes) – 10 lbs

Team 9
April (GoGettmGirl1419) – 12-15 lbs
Brittany (haydan7707) – 10 lbs

Replies

• jwill10
    jwill10 Posts: 30
    Options
    Great Job Lindsey!!!!! WooHoo :D
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Congrats to ALL THE BIG LOOSERS this week! :laugh: It's soo funny to say that! Good job Lindsey, take it wherever you can get it!

***Question of the Day***

Since beginning your journey have you discovered any negative triggers? What prevents you from staying on task?

My negaitve triggers are emotional ones. When I am stressed, then I eat more. If I am upset, then I eat more. And I also do not work out. So my biggest challenge is preventing my emotions from taking over my eating habits.

HAVE A GREAT DAY DIAMONDS! and good luck everyone!

Falicia
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Congrats to all the losers this week!!! Some big numbers up there!
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Way to go all the losers!!! Especially my partner Lyndsey - you are awesome!!! Keep it up!
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the losers!!! Way to go Lindsey!! Stacy you got this!!

My trigger is probably boredom. Also, whenever I am out even at a friend's house I just end up eating more. I think it is just the talking and eating at the same time. Don't realize how much I am consuming.
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Thanks gals :D

I had come back from vacation, weighed myself that Monday, and discovered that I maintained (which I was happy about since my goal was to either maintain or lose during vacation)...

That Monday (3/28) I had a hard workout (as I hadn't worked out much during vacation), and decided to weigh myself the next day...I had lost 2.6 lbs! So, I figured some of that may have been water weight from vacation...maybe not, but either way, I will take it :)

Then I weighed myself that Friday (4/1), lost another 2 lbs...and did my final weigh in this Monday morning (4/4) and lost another 0.6 lbs...I couldn't believe it...I have NEVER lost that much in a week...

I don't recommend weighing yourself multiple times in a week, but I do it so that I know where I stand. I think I keep myself more accountable that way. If the scale goes up during the week for some reason, I know to push myself harder for the rest of the week...that's just what works for me...everyone is different.

Hope you all have a great week!! :D
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Go Diamonds!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to all the losers!!! Lindsey awesome keep it up
    Stacy you can do it we all r here to support u

Negative trigger is probably loosing interest easily. If i don't see the results i think its waste of time but this time intended to be positive and get encouragement from all with such wonderful people here .

Kathy
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Mine would be the guy I'm dating. He is one of those eat anything and stay thin people. Since I only see him once a week, or less, I have a tendency to eat what he does. Not good!
  • catsdogsandkids
    catsdogsandkids Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Negative triggers: Late afternoon seems to be a trigger when I am getting dinner for the kids and the old chef habits of taste, taste, taste comes out and then I am not hungry for dinner with my husband but, hungry at 10 and I eat junk.
    On a positive, been working on planning my days food and packing it into a tupperware so I can pick and choose from it throughout the day and make a healthy choice, not just grab a quick and easy and bad choice from the pantry.
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    My fiance's eating habits are a negative trigger for me. He eats pizza frequently, drinks soda all the time, and I used to allow him to influence me for the past two years, but ever since I joined MFP I have been trying to stay away from that.

So, when we go to a pizza place, I get a salad with grilled chicken on it...I might have a small piece of pizza or garlic bread, but thats it. That is where I end it.

I do treat myself from time to time, but if I feel like I overdid it, I have a hard workout that day or the next day to try to even things out...

My emotions trigger my eating too...not so much anymore, but they used to...Any type of emotion, and I was eating something...

MFP has taught me to make better choices, and not to let something trigger me to overeat or make poor food choices.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Diamonds!

I'm so sorry that I have been MIA. I am truly struggling to adapt to my new work schedule, but I an certainly NOT giving up! I gained two pounds this week, didn't log almost at all... but that all is going to change THIS week! I think I found the culprit to my problems... the wait between lunch time and getting home! By the time I get home I am ravenous and devour the first thing in sight!

Next week I am preparing some oatmeal at the end of the work day. That way I can drive home with food in my belly. Goal for next week: 2.5 pounds loss :-)

QUESTION OF THE DAY:

How will you modify next week to maximize your success?
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    We understand. A new schedule takes some time to adjust to. I'm adjusting to one myself, so I'm sorry I haven't been around here as much either.

My triggers are stressors around my house. Problems with my husband or my children. I tend to deal with the frustrations by by indulging in pizza and beer!!!! If everyone in my house would just understand what they do to me and out of the kindness of their hearts and concern for my weight battle if they would JUST GET ALONG and stop pissing me off... all would be good in my world. :D

What will I do this week? I will avoid the pizza and beer, I will get more sleep (at least 7 hours a night every night), and I will attempt to ride my bike to work 4 days this week instead of only 3. Those are ambitious goals for me, but it's only one week! I should be able to do that for one week!!
  • GoGettmGirl419
    Options
    I keep my snack ready bc I LOVE LOVE to eat..I keep rice cakes, fruit, raisins, yogurt and otameal near me so I won't splurge on something bad or wait to long to eat and eat all kinds of crazy stuff....
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Hey Diamonds!

I haven't forgotten about you all. Please look for the new week tomorrow afternoon. I've been super busy and need time to consolidate all of your messages. XOXO! Keep shining!

Jamaica
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    No Problem Jamaica

Your'e doing fantastic keeping this team going

Thanks to you

Kathy
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    No Problem Jamaica

Your'e doing fantastic keeping this team going

Thanks to you

Kathy

Thanks Kathy!
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    STOP! Don't post here! This forum is closed. Please check out Week 5 here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/216783-diamonds-in-the-rough-7-week-challenge-week-5