skyline chili?

Options
hey i am going to cininnati for a reds game and i was wondering if skyline chili is healthy?

Replies

• livingfitwithlori
    livingfitwithlori Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Healthy? - No
    Worth the "special occasion" splurge to a Cincinnati girl? - Yes!
  • woodsk1
    woodsk1 Posts: 29
    Options
    I so miss Ohio right now!!!!!!!! LOve that stuff, but healthy-- Far from it!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    mmmm...Skyline! The beauty of being married to a girl from Cinci is knowing and loving some skyline! The chili by itself isn't too bad, we get it in the cans and have it over our turkey or lowfat dogs and whole wheat buns. The way you get it at the game though with that big chunk of cheddar cheese and the hotdogs themselves aren't all that healthy. Enjoy the game! Go Reds!
  • MeMe555
    MeMe555 Posts: 3
    Options
    sorry when it comes skyline (who cares...it's awesome and all the walking to get to your seat should modify the calorie intake plus just moderation!!!!) that's my input. ENJOY the Game you lucky!!!! I miss Ohio!!!!! born raised and now in Texas. Thank God for Kroger!!!!! :)
  • rednagel
    rednagel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    There are definitely items that you can get, but check out the nutritional values before going. I took my kids there the other day and I just planned for the calories to make sure I had enough left for the day. I ended up getting a small 3-way and cheese coney... and it filled me up. I was shocked to see the bowl of crackers they give are 100 calories. Have fun at the Reds game!!
  • MeMe555
    MeMe555 Posts: 3
    Options
    Oh yeah - Forgot GO REDS!!!!!:happy:
  • bheimbrock
    bheimbrock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Loved seeing this topic! I live and work in Cincinnati and though Skyline is delicious I can't eat it very often since it gives me some serious heartburn. They do have some other options that are a bit healthier but if you are gonna be in Cincy then SPLURGE on a 3 or 4 way!!!!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    sorry when it comes skyline (who cares...it's awesome and all the walking to get to your seat should modify the calorie intake plus just moderation!!!!) that's my input. ENJOY the Game you lucky!!!! I miss Ohio!!!!! born raised and now in Texas. Thank God for Kroger!!!!! :)
    We get our Skyline from Kroger too! We may be the only people buying it from our local store, but we keep them going!
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Healthy? - No
    Worth the "special occasion" splurge to a Cincinnati girl? - Yes!

Agreed! I was born in Ohio and the one thing I miss is Skyline.. well, and Graeters.