Do you drink tap water?

Options
13»

Replies

• MostlySunny
    Options
    You can get a filtering system that goes under your sink and has its own tap. It's more expensive than a pitcher, but it filters better and the filters last longer. Also, I put lemons, limes, cucumbers, mint leaves, etc. in my water- if you let it sit overnight in the fridge, it's better than juice!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I drink tap water all the time. I'm pretty lucky in my area the tap water tastes much better than bottled water. I'd be a bit concerned it takes so long for your water to turn clear. Is there any place you can take your water to be tested? Other than that, I'd go with a brita or equivalent filter. I think you can get them installed right on your tap.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I used to prefer bottled water when we lived in London, but now I drink tap water. I don't find it tastes any different. I don't like the idea of all that plastic landfill.
  • kissincuzin
    Options
    I live in the Ozarks and we get our water from our private well. We have a very high mineral content and I don't care for the flavor out of the tap. I double filter my water, I have a filter on the faucet in the kitchen and then I have a britta picture that I keep in the fridge. I'm like a lot of people I really don't like the water in town so I carry my own with me.
  • Ash10Dent
    Ash10Dent Posts: 75
    Options
    I too use a Britta Pitcher..not only is it expensive to keep buying water bottles but it's HORRIBLE for our environment (sorry I'm a bit of a hippie). I just think why would I pay for all that plastic if I can get it from my spicket for free? We live on base and they sent out a letter shortly after we moved here saying the water was not safe to drink. LOVELY! So we got the filter and I cannot taste anything. The water without the filter is absolutely gross though.
  • Tricia130
    Tricia130 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do drink tap water but I add lemon, lime, cucumber or orange slices to mask the taste, plus adds diversity to just having water! The citrus taste in the water makes me drink lots all day I'm at 8 and I usually don't even know because I love the taste now!!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    BRITA! Cut my bottled water consumption out completely. I bought a few reusable bottles of my own and just always keep one on me.