Anyone had a HORRIBLE weekend and still managed to lose weig

Options
My weigh in is in a couple of days and I'm really nervous. Anyone still managed to lose weight after a very, very bad weekend? I've been trying to drink lots of water and what not. =/

~~~ADDED: What if I worked out like crazy? Obviously it would help some. Should I eat less for these next couple of days?

Replies

• NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, if you've been really "good" at meeting your calorie goals, going over one day can be a good change for your metabolism and you can see weight loss. Also, unless you ate 3500 extra calories you won't gain.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    i had a really horrible weekend..and gained a pound lol
  • lovemyhellokitty
    lovemyhellokitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, if you've been really "good" at meeting your calorie goals, going over one day can be a good change for your metabolism and you can see weight loss. Also, unless you ate 3500 extra calories you won't gain.

so true :)
  • trapped
    trapped Posts: 17
    Options
    Also, unless you ate 3500 extra calories you won't gain.
    For sure I did. Well this sucks.
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i went away last weekend and eat out a lot and gained 3 lbs but two days later it was gone. thank god lol. just makes you work that much harder.
  • tinalina81
    Options
    I had a bad weekend and still lost 1 lb since my last weigh in.
    But I also worked my butt off yesterday and worked out twice.
    I am working out twice again just to make myself feel better about the bad weekend LOL
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Actually I am opposite. If I am at a stall in lose (the 2 times) I have ate a ton and the weigh started coming off again. Sometimes your body needs the little jolt of the extra calories to jump start it again.
  • Debbisue52
    Debbisue52 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I had 3 horrible days over the weekend. I am trying to make up for it by eating less until I weigh in Thursday. I hope I can at least maintain and not go back up over the number I've been trying to get under for over a year!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I went to New Orleans for 3 days and came back @ the same weight. Knowing what I ate and drank, that was a victory in my book.

But remember, in order to actually gain weight, for every pound you would have to consume and additional 3500 cals. So anything that you are up, is mostly likely water weight.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    i had a really horrible weekend..and gained a pound lol

ditto, lol.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You might see a gain but there's a chance some of that is just water retention, especially if your horrible eating included restaurant food and alcohol. So just keep that in mind and get back on track this week and try not to fall SO hard off the wagon next time you're in that situation.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Nola is right.....I was challenged (nice way to say lazy) and had a horrible week. But I did not go over the calories it would take to just maintain my current wait so experienced a .8 loss at my weigh in. I support MFP by going to TOPS. Cheap group support and forces me to weigh in every week.
  • amyvic4686
    Options
    I had a bad weekend!!
    I went out Friday night and had a glass of wine, 2 bottles of cider and a cheeseburger from the takeaway, and managed to go over slightly. I also then went out Saturday night and went way over my calories by having 4 bottles of cider, cheesy chips with garlic mayo and some onion rings from the takeaway. I couldn't stop myself, it was what I wanted so I just had it.
    However, my target is to lose one pound every week and I still managed to do that. I had my weigh in today. It'll be even harder for you to do this if you deprive yourself all the time, so I figured a few treats wouldn't be too bad. I'd really stuck to it all week aside from that and was often under my calories on my week days. Maybe it averaged it out a little bit...that's what I like to think anyway lol.
    Good luck xx
  • trapped
    trapped Posts: 17
    Options
    Nola is right.....I was challenged (nice way to say lazy) and had a horrible week. But I did not go over the calories it would take to just maintain my current wait so experienced a .8 loss at my weigh in. I support MFP by going to TOPS. Cheap group support and forces me to weigh in every week.
    What is TOPS?
  • rizorw
    rizorw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It happens to all of us. we have a bad night, day, weekend, week ect, but the trick is to stop it as soon as you can and get back on track.
    Someone on here once said, don't let a bad meal turn into a bad day, or a bad day turn into a bad week, or week turn into... you get the idea. This little motto helps me when i seem to slip.
    I also agree with the jump start of the metabolism, I have experianced the same thing. don't be to hard on yourself and jud=st go back to what you were doing before that worked for you. Don't starve the the next few just because of a weigh-in.
    Good luck!
  • lovemyhellokitty
    lovemyhellokitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I had a bad weekend and still lost 1 lb since my last weigh in.
    But I also worked my butt off yesterday and worked out twice.
    I am working out twice again just to make myself feel better about the bad weekend LOL

love it!
    I workout so I can eat :)
  • Debbisue52
    Options
    Well, after my horrible 3 days of over indulgence...and trying to make up for it the rest of the week....I ended up with a .25 lb weight loss. Whew! It's not much but I'll take it!
  • Debbisue52
    Options
    What is TOPS?

TOPS is Take Off Pounds Sensibly. I am a member also! It is very inexpensive...our dues are only $2 a week! it's a great support system!

I let my TOPS leader know about MFP, a few others in our group joined, and in the latest letter to all area groups...our area captain informed everyone about MFP!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I went to a wedding last weekend and ate/drank almost 3,000 calories. Yikes. Here I am one week later and one pound lighter (I have been losing a little over a pound weekly) so it didn't set me back. I think as long as it is not a regular occurrence, a spike here and there won't kill you. I also made up for it by eating 1200 calories the following day. I am not sure if it did anything but it made me feel better psychologically! :bigsmile: