Looking For Drumstick Help

Options
Lori07
Lori07 Posts: 136
Does anyone have a good recipe for chicken drumstick (legs)? Any help and suggestions are great thanks.

Replies

• Lori07
    Options
    Bump no one has any darn.
  • BrayyNicole
    BrayyNicole Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This is really funny, because I was looking for recipes today because I have some drumsticks that I need to cook. Didnt really see anything so I decided I am going to bake some and side it with a Garlic pasta with Mushrooms and Spinach. Nothing fancy but it'll work!

I know my mom always does Chicken Spaghetti with her drumsticks. She boils them and then debones them. Her Chicken Spaghetti is not even close to being healthy, but Im sure you can find a healthier version online somewhere! :)
  • Lori07
    Options
    I think I will just do them on the bar b q with a light sauce.
  • mae3785
    mae3785 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oven Baked "Fried" Chicken - Yields 4 Servings

Olive oil nonstick cooking spray
    1/2 cup(s) plain dried bread crumbs
    1/4 cup(s) freshly grated parmesan cheese
    2 tablespoon(s) cornmeal
    1/2 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper , also known as cayenne
    1 large egg white
    1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
    1 (3 1/2 pounds) chicken, cut into 8 pieces and skin removed from all but wings

Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly-roll pan with cooking spray.
    2. On waxed paper, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, cornmeal, and ground red pepper. In pie plate, beat egg white and salt.
    3. Dip each piece of chicken in egg-white mixture, then coat with crumb mixture, pressing firmly so mixture adheres. Arrange chicken in prepared pan; lightly coat chicken with cooking spray.
    4. Bake chicken until coating is crisp and golden brown and juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced with tip of knife, about 35 minutes. Makes 4 main-dish servings.

Per Serving
    Calories 329
    Total Fat 9g
    Saturated Fat3g
    Cholesterol 137mg
    Sodium 660mg
    Total Carbohydrate 14g
    Dietary Fiber --
    Sugars --
    Protein 46g

Made this with chicken breasts this past weekend and it was pretty good and had a nice "crunch" to it. You could probably just tally up the ingredients and how much a plan chicken drumstick has to figure out the cals. Here is the link :http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/recipefinder/baked-fried-chicken