new here and trying to get refocused to lose 30+

Options
mom23nuts
mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
I have been eating right and exercising for a long long time but not always together which is why this journey has taken so long.
Thankfully I found this website and am refocused.

From April of last year to December I did fine on my own going from 237 to 165 then ran a 1st ever 5K and then hit a wall and gained about 20 lb.

Now I am getting my act together and refocusing on getting healthy. I need to lose about 30+ and I find that having a place to accurately store all the stuff I would jot down on scrap pieces of paper or tiny notebooks awesome.

My challenge this month was to break the plateau and shake things up by joining a gym, and go regularly and thankfully the place I chose offered me a $10 trial and free babysitting so I had no excuses but no partner to motivate me. I finally found one at the gym and lots of them here!

Replies

• November23
    Options
    I am so proud of your success that you have already accomplished in your weight loss goals. Glad that you found a gym and hope this works well for you! Keep up the good work!
  • November23
    Options
    You are an encouragement to me as I am just beginning this journey :smile:
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    thank you November 23 ..for your suppport....ps that is my hubby's birthday november 23
    I think that the whole journey no matter 10 lbs or 100 lbs is a big undertaking and every loss is a step in the right direction...
    you have to celebrate every small and big milestone....maybe not with food as I am learning after falling off the wagon before reaching my ultimate goal, but with other things....a pedicure or a massage or a new shirt or whatever.

supporting each other is key too...sometimes it makes all the difference in getting motivated.
    lets support each other here at MFP!