eating when not hungry

Options
okay, i eat very healthfully but i cant seem to stop eating even when im not hungry. especially when im in my dorm. my roommate and i are sharing the same problem. whenever we get back from a busy day of school, we literally sit there and eat. I am really active. (play rugby and breakdance & weight lift & run in the morning) i watch what i eat but this eating is interuppting my school work because im eating all the time and i cant focus when im eating lol.. any help would be appretiated. oh and have a glorious day everyone:wink:

Replies

• dachinababe
    Options
    okay, i eat very healthfully but i cant seem to stop eating even when im not hungry. especially when im in my dorm. my roommate and i are sharing the same problem. whenever we get back from a busy day of school, we literally sit there and eat. I am really active. (play rugby and breakdance & weight lift & run in the morning) i watch what i eat but this eating is interuppting my school work because im eating all the time and i cant focus when im eating lol.. any help would be appretiated. oh and have a glorious day everyone:wink:
  • HoneyB
    HoneyB Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I share the same habits, but what I have been doing lately to break that bad habit is reading with a glass of water in my hand and that seems to work for me, good luck!:smile:
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I feel like I eat all day because I have a boring desk job and obviously, I eat when I'm bored! I'm okay in the morning, but when I have lunch, I don't feel like I can stop, and end up eating most of the afternoon while sitting at my desk. *Sigh* I wish I could help you, but I'll be keeping up with this post to see what kind of advice you get! I need it!
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water... instead of munching, sip! Or, a glass of crushed ice is nice, because you get the crunch effect, then.
    I drink LOTS of water throughout the day, and it keeps me satisfied and I don't get the munchies.