Over forty doing 30 day shred

Options
Rloral
Rloral Posts: 112 Member
Hello all,

Looking for friends and virtual workout partners. Are there any other members who are over 40 doing the 30 day shred? I'm 44 years old and on day 4 (from doing it 3-4 days a week) of 30 day shred. What are/were your results if you completed the whole 30 days.

Replies

• janetv3
    janetv3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Fl,

What's the 30day shred....

janet
  • Raine7
    Raine7 Posts: 19
    Options
    I have used the 30 day shred and it is a great work out. I did not complete the 30 day however I plan to start it again
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm 41 and began the 30DS 3 days ago! Did day 3 level 1 this a.m. I'm sore but not excrutiatingly sore. Love to Shred along with ya!!!!!!! It feels like its working! LOL
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Hi Fl,

What's the 30day shred....

janet

Is a workout DVD by Jillian Michaels.
  • Rloral
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a dvd where it claims you'll lose 20 pounds in 30 days. I would put it in the category of a kind of circuit training. It's only 20 minutes long.
  • peimomof2
    peimomof2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm 46 and just finished Level 1 of the Shred. I do it around 3 days a week. What a great workout. I'm not just doing the Shred , so can't base my results on just doing the Shred, but i know i've lost inches all over.:happy:

Keep up the great work!! :)
  • peimomof2
    peimomof2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm 46 and just finished Level 1 of the Shred. I do it around 3 days a week. What a great workout. I'm not just doing the Shred , so can't base my results on just doing the Shred, but i know i've lost inches all over.:happy:

Keep up the great work!! :)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, I did Level 1 and 2, but I have a shoulder injury so I stopped before all the planks sent me to surgery :) I really liked it..it was a great way to kick-start my body after a long time of not exercising, and it rapidly increased my strength and endurance.
  • kswietek
    kswietek Posts: 80
    Options
    I'm 45 and shreddin! I also do zumba 2 days a week so I am going to do by shredding on the days I don't do zumba. I love it because it's a quick 20 min work out and you feel like you got a work out. There are certain things that I modify for personal reasons, my knees are mostly my issue and my wrists, so I improvise in those areas as needed.
  • jeannas
    jeannas Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am 48 and I bought the 30 day shred last week. Started to watch/participate in Level 1 and quickly realized my cardio endurance was sorely lacking especially after the 3 minute weight portion. So I have been walking on the treadmill upping my intensity...hoping to start it next Monday. Good Luck!
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 doing the Shred....doing level 2, on my second week, I do it every day, apart from Saturdays! .I also run 4 times a week. It's a great workout....looking forward to seeing a huge difference in my body shape lol:
  • Rloral
    Options
    Ok I did my first day of level 2. I don't think I'm going to be able to move my arms tomorrow. Oh my goodness!