What heart rate monitor should I buy?

Options
I am looking to a buy a heart rate monitor that isnt really expensive (would love to spend less than 100 on my first one).

I would like it to have the following capabilities (and be one that is very effective, proven by your loss!)
-Tell me how many calories I have burned throughout the day and exercise
-Are there any that can tell how many I have consumed? That seems a little weird to me, but I have heard that there are some that do that?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Replies

• Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Bump..I was just thinking about buying one myself :laugh:
  • focus2bfit
    focus2bfit Posts: 201
    Options
    I bought a timex that came with the chest strap for $49.99 and it has worked fine for about a year now!
  • msproducer
    msproducer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and love it!
  • Chrissle
    Chrissle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I got a Polar from amazon.com - I would suggest you do the same. They are worth it and come with a chest strap which is the most accurate. I love it!
  • ginalhorst
    Options
    I have the timex one for around 50 too. I got mine at amazon. I love it and it works great! Gives cals too and average heartrate as well as highest reading during a workout too!
  • INSANITY43
    INSANITY43 Posts: 142
    Options
    Just purchased a Polar FT7 with chest strap....love it!
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    bump
  • stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I also have a Timex one...paid $70 for it and am very happy with it. It came with a chest strap as well and has an alarm on it that beeps when my heart rate goes lower so I can pick up speed to stay at a good calorie burn level.

I am so happy I bought it because for me, the estimations on here for things like zumba, house work, etc. were low and I was actually burning more than I thought. So, it was a positive thing for me to see I was burning more!
  • chelsey728
    chelsey728 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the Timex ironman race trainer HRM watch... it help has a chest strap so it's very accurate and the watch isn't as bulky as some... it also has calories lost which I'm looking forward to using... the reviews on Amazon were great... I'll post back with an update after I use it! only $95 too!
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    Polar FT4 or FT7 (which is the one I have!)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and I paid 130 but I'm in Canada so if you are in the US you can probably find the same one cheaper.
  • GooneyAngel
    Options
    I asked the same question a few weeks ago. i had several responses and I am sure that they are all good. I decided to buy the Polar FT4. I am very happy with it. Simple to use with a chest strap. GL!
  • misty1290
    misty1290 Posts: 13
    Options
    I've been researching one to buy as well. I think I've settled on the Polar FT4. It's less than $100. Here is the Amazon link:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001U0OFD2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?ie=UTF8&m=A2AD3LSP8VX07O
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4...And I love it!!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Just got the Polar FT7-LOVE IT :)
  • jeneey
    jeneey Posts: 48
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 with chest strap and it's been a good tool.
  • FatBastard6135
    Options
    Polar FT1 with Chest Strap. The Chest Strap works with most Gym Equipment :smile:
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Are any or all of these good to wear the entire day if i wanted to see how many calories i burn on a typical day?
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    HRM work best if you just wear them for short periods. Don't ask me why, that is just what the insert said when I bought my HRM.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 with chest strap and LOVE it.