Gluten Free and Loving it

Options
Hi Guys,

I have a challenge, I have celiac disease. I could never lose weight before I found out. Now I feel great and I am losing.

But I found it is hard to find lower calorie meals with my restrictions. In fact to gluten free cookies are 160 calories.

Anyone else facing the same issue or some sort of food intolerance. It would be nice to share stories.

Charity

Replies

• VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    There is a GF group that shares information. Use the search function to locate it.

Processed/Prepared GF foods are not health food choices - that's for sure. You might try making your own cookies, etc so you can have a treat now and again. I found it was easier to give those types of foods up. Of course somtimes my breakfast is like desert. Try the Van's GF waffles. Top one with fruit like mangos and strawberries. A touch of whipped cream and ground almonds. It's very tasty. To get a little protien I will have some cheese, egg or yogart with that in the morning. When I eat like that, I dont really want a cookie.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I have actually been GF for a year and I lost a bunch of weight at first. I just find now that I am healthy it to be more challenging. I just found I like UDi's brands much more than most. I will search for the group, thanks.
  • danya23
    danya23 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am with you. Not only can I not have gluten, I also found out I am severely allergic to all dairy, soy, almonds. But yes I had to change a lot, but I found it quite easy, besides the eating out part (not so easy) now I have to research a restaraunt on what I can eat, takes the fun out of it. I dont do any of the gluten free goodies because of my other allergies, but I have adapted to a new life of veggies, protein and fruit. I am a recovering chocoholic and junk food addict but now my sweet tooth is satisfied with fruit with added allergy free granola like UDI'S and Enjoy Life and some cinnamon and Agave Nectar (which is also low glycemic for those watching their waist lines) sometimes I will even add a touch of coconut. I am 5'10" and started off at 198 pounds and had a very hard time taking off the weight, but now I am holding strong at 147 (unless of course I have gotten a hold of a Costco Rotisserie Chicken) then I am 149 for a couple of days. Good luck to you.