It's my life and I want it back"

Options
Hi everyone....I am new to My Fitness Pal!!! I know we can all reach our goals... some of us have bigger goals then others but the best part is we have each other to talk to.... Encouragement is much needed... 150lb to goal! "its my life and I want it back"!! I had a best friend of mine come over and tell me I need to change.... she said " I am scared that you will not be around 5 years from now" that really hurt. yesterday what a huge eye opener... I was going to cheat on my diet, I was about to have 2 Burgers from BK and it was heated on my plate with a large onion ring..... suddenly I looked at the food and told myself "I will no longer tell myself, Tomorrow I will start my diet".... I GRABBED THE PLATE AND TOSSED IN THE GARBAGE!!! it felt great! this is the first time I really felt disgusted and know what I was doing was wrong... I know from here I can move forward and the best part is I have people that support me and want the best for me!!! TODAY IS THE NEW TOMORROW!!! feel free to add me Lexy83 and Have a great week everyone!

Replies

• ineedadoover
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!! This is a great place to get started! Best of luck on your journey! :)
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    That's SO AWESOME!! It's so very tough to say no when the food is right in front of you, you kick *kitten*!!
  • Georgie_P
    Georgie_P Posts: 62
    Options
    Way to go! the BEST feeling is when you take control back and YOU run your life!
  • ShellyRath
    Options
    Good for you. And when you think about what most of our cycles are with food, the reality is that while it would have felt good in the moment you would have felt awful after you ate it. It takes awhile but there does come a time when you get so used to eating healthy and you get accustomed to the portion sizes that huge portions or bad food makes you feel sick. If you would have told me that I would stop craving candy I would have had a hard time believing it. I have not bought candy since I started this and when I see it I cannot imagine eating it or using it to feed my feelings. You can do this, the first few weeks are hard, keep coming back to this site for motivation, read the blogs, connect with others. Peer pressure is a great thing, you see all of these other people succeeding and it motivates you to be a success as well.

Welcome!
    2136421.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • kimberly_ann
    Options
    way to go. your taking great steps in the right direction.