Best exercise at the gym to target arm jiggle?

Options
Whats the best exercises or equipment to use at the gym to really target that lovely waving-in-the-air arm jiggle??

Replies

• donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Rowing machine and Cardioglide. Moreso the Cardioglide since I've tended to use my legs more when my arms start getting tired on the rowing machine.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Sorry to burst your bubble.... but like with any other muscle you want to show on your body - arm jiggle is cause by fat... less fat, less jiggle, more definition in arms...
  • shelimac
    shelimac Posts: 12
    Options
    rowing machine and dumb bells will target the jiggle for sure!!!
  • DarthBubbles
    Options
    Sorry to burst your bubble.... but like with any other muscle you want to show on your body - arm jiggle is cause by fat... less fat, less jiggle, more definition in arms...

Her arms look like she *might* know what she's talkin' about...:wink:
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    This is a combination thing. You need to lose some of the fat (through overall body fat reduction), and then tone the muscles (to get rid of that "flap"), lol. There are many, many different "arm" machines at the gym... try them all. Anything focusing on triceps I find is great :smile:
  • jmafte
    jmafte Posts: 46
    Options
    Just like anywhere else on the body, you cannot target fat. Just because you gain more muscle in certain places does not mean that fat is gone. Just like people doing ton's of ab and core workouts trying to target belly fat. It doesn't make the fat go away.
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    I do rope pull down thingamajig YES that is the technical term ;P
  • fatcat10
    fatcat10 Posts: 2
    Options
    Love your technical term :) I would have said the same thing if I knew what would get rid of my second wave.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Zumba!
  • cath1024
    cath1024 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    tricep dips work realy well - use a coffee table - keep your back as close to the table as possible and with hands behind on the table dip down and then back up and as many time as you can and to add a little more to it lift one leg straight out front while doing the dips :-)
  • oshmom
    oshmom Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This is my LEAST favorite thing on my body! And even when I lose weight and tone the upper arms, the flaps are there. It must be part genetics, because my mom was always a size 6, and has always had loose skin there.

That would be the only place I would get surgery, because try as I might, the fat cells and dangle is there as I lose weight and tone. My biceps look great, but those damn triceps.

I am going to add hitting our heavy bag to my workouts and maybe get a speed bag. I do resistance bands, push-ups, tricep dips, dumbbells, and still only my biceps seem to tone.

Would LOVE the answer to this one!