what day do you weigh in?

Options
ok...so i need to set a solid day that i officially weigh in. at this point i am thinking once or twice a week but can not nail down the actual day of the week.

what is/are the day(s) that you weigh in on? is there any specific reason for that day?

just curious:)

Replies

• enteralterego
    Options
    We do it on a Friday at our house, Used to be so if we had met a target we would know we could have a little treat. Now just so I know im on track still and to remind me the weekend is ahead and not to over do it food wise
  • judyschick
    Options
    I have heard once a week is good. If you weigh in to many days your body changes up and down with different things. I usually weigh in on Friday's cause that is the day I started. Also I am ususally really good through the week and it gives me motivation for the weekend to keep going.Anyday is good though
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Sundays and Wednesdays. This way I can see how I'm doing with regard to my good days (the beginning of the week) and my bad days (the dreaded weekend!) I can more easily pinpoint what I'm doing right/wrong that week if I have a better breakdown
  • MGleason2010
    MGleason2010 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I do it on Monday...it makes me more accountable on the weekend. :)
  • paloma1182
    paloma1182 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    We weight in on Friday at our house. It just a good day for us to do it. Its like the end of the work week for us so we like to see how we did... also it gives you good incentives to watch what you are doing on the weekends.
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings :)
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Sunday.
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Saturday mornings :)
  • beachbum8
    beachbum8 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Me and my boyfriend weigh in day is Tuesday morning. We picked this day because that's when the Biggest Loser is on. lol We have a "last chance workout" Monday nights as well. Makes it fun for us!
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Monday morning anywhere from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Usually go before I eat my breakfast here at work. I just picked that day when I started doing a "Biggest Loser" program here at work in January because it seemed like a good day and time. Hardly anyone in the gym here at that time...and the trainer is usually not that busy so they have time to do the weigh in, BMI configurations and measurements if needed.
  • chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Fridays and Wednesday....
    Fridays puts me in good form for the weekend and wednesday just to make sure im on track from the weekend am always a little naughty ...
  • luv_lite_laftr
    luv_lite_laftr Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like your idea of Friday that way you start your weekend off with a reminder of how far you've come or where you need to go!
  • rumcheeka
    Options
    Hi, Friday morning, it helps to keep me motivated for over the weekend.
  • jchecks
    jchecks Posts: 133
    Options
    nice! i am thinking one day a week might be the way to go for me. at least record on that day...now to pick! thanks all for the responses! i love everyone's train of thought :tongue:
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Friday is my "official" weigh in day. The weekends are busy and I want to know if I can pick up food instead of cooking a meal. I also unofficially weigh in during the week just to see where I am.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Wednesday morning as I'm getting in the shower. I've always used this day and time. If I go overboard on the weekend it gives me a day or two to get back into a groove and it keeps me motivated for the rest of the week.
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Thursdays because my little man's birthday is on a Thursday and I wanted to achieve my first goal by then.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I check my weight every day, same time every morning.

I only record my weight though once a week (Saturday mornings--keeps me motivated throughout the weekend, just like Rumcheeka said), otherwise if I recorded daily, the constant fluctuations would be sure to drive me crazy.
  • yanksgurl613
    Options
    wow! I cannt stop myself from getting on the scale every day. it's a horrible habit. But the scale calls to me...:( It works out ok for me though. I dont get down or upset if I go up or down a lb I just relax through it. And I most def do not weigh myself more then 1 time a day of course. I check my weight every day in the morning. If I would pick one day- it'd def be friday.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Friday is my weigh in day. Keeps me on track for the weekend :smile:
    I only weigh in once a week other way it would drive me mad.