Coming off the pill

Options
I have decided to stop taking the pill as I find it makes me lose weight more slowly and gain it more easily. In my pill free week I tend to drop a lot more weight than when I'm taking it.

I was wondering what everyone's experience of coming off the pill was like, and how did it effected your weight loss.

(I have recently left a long term relationship so I am in a position to come off it)

Replies

• sophia_b
    sophia_b Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I decided to come off the pill for that reason and the fact that it gave me the worst migraines, I lost 6 lbs in the month that followed. I don't know if it's water weight because I had plateaued for 3 months and the only major change was the pill. Either way I'm happy to be as chemical free as possible and I feel generally better.
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    When I was on it, I was in a relationship, and gained about 10 lb. I don't know if I will completely blame it on the pill, because I did have some pretty bad eating habits.

Either way, when I came off of it, I lost those 10 lb. quickly. I'm on it right now, haven't gained any weight (yet) but am definitely thinking of stopping. No job = no benefits = expensive pills.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    ha, use protection if you do happen to do something...i was pregnant within a week of coming off the pill! but then again that pregnancy was intentional. i never found it hard to lose weight or maintain my wieght while i was on the pill though.
  • mrsblair84
    Options
    I really didn't notice too much of a difference with mine. It's been a few years since I've been on it though. I'm getting married soon. I'm actually surprised I'm not pregnant. Maybe if I get rid of some of this weight, that might change??
  • xaintes
    xaintes Posts: 129
    Options
    This is interesting:

http://www.bioedonline.org/news/news.cfm?art=2297

I haven't noticed any significant weight changes going on/off the pill in the last 11 years.
  • bekkyhughes
    Options
    It's not that I put on weight when I went on the pill, it's just I found it harder to lose weight and easier to gain it.
  • bekkyhughes
    Options
    It's not that I put on weight when I went on the pill, it's just I found it harder to lose weight and easier to gain it.
  • amoskies
    amoskies Posts: 11
    Options
    I am in the same position as you- I have been hanging on to weight like my body is starving! This is my first week without the pill so I am hoping my body will let loose of some of it! Good luck!