Burning question

Options
I am hoping someone out in the MFP world can assist me with a burning question that I've had this week. I began this program (life style change) over a week ago and lost 8 lbs in my first week :happy: The question I have is why does my clothes feel tighter and why do I feel like I'm ready to explode (sorry for the TMI here but bloated).
I have drastically changed my eating habits and added more to my workouts, but would this cause me to feel this way? I was so excited when I stepped on the scale on Sat but it was short lived when I put on my uniform for work on Mon and it was, well, tight!~ :sad:
I know I might be putting the horse infront of the cart by expecting too much too soon, but I am sure you will set me straight on that.

Thanks everyone and have a great day.

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I don't have an answer but I'm wondering what you have been eating, are you sodium levels high?
  • ElyMaeOR
    ElyMaeOR Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you are eating more veggies you might be bloated from the excess fiber!
  • Tamitutu
    Tamitutu Posts: 1
    Options
    Well, if you're eating more veggies, that may be why you feel bloated. I know veggies do it to me!
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    It really depends on what it is you have been eating...so much stuff can leave you feeling bloated.....if your body isnt' used to fiber and you're eating veggies...if you've switched and started eating whole grains...carbs can give you a bloated feeling...if you are retaining water due to sodium,....hard to telll....but 8 lbs in a week is a lot!
  • Aintplayin
    Aintplayin Posts: 102
    Options
    It's only been a week, right? I'm hope to not embarrass you but what about hormones? It could be bloating from your monthly friend. :blushing:
  • ColeyCannoli
    Options
    I don't want to be a downer here cause you seem to be working really hard (keep it up!) but a lot of the first week's loss is gonna be water weight, getting rid of the old/bad foods in your system, etc and real inches are gonna take some time. Like people said above the fiber could be doing it too. Just give it time, those clothes will be baggy soon :)
  • lauriallen
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I never thought of the veggies. I asked a co-worker and she asked me if I noticed a loss "anywhere else" and sure enough I did this week but didn't even think of it "there" if you know what I mean. My sports bra that I wear for my cardio workout had to be adjusted. I feel so stupid thinking it would leave my waist first, I should have known. And I am completely changing what I eat so that would of course affect it. Sometimes all you need is someone to actually put it in writting or to tell you for the light bulb to come on.

Thanks again everyone it sure did help out. :flowerforyou: