workout clothes recommendations

Options
mamarundrc
mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
I am really starting to get into a workout routine and want to get some better work out clothes. Most of the time I work out in a pair of cotton yoga pants and a cotton t-shirt/tank top. I sweat like crazy and seem to get extremely overheated. Anyone have suggestions of some nice breathable work out clothes? Mostly I run, some basic aerobics and am starting to get into Zumba and spinning. Thanks!

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I like the workout tops that Target and Kohls sell. They breathe really well and they're comfy. I love yoga pants tho, I wear those all the time when I workout.
  • Girlgerm
    Girlgerm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I look on ebay for cheap baggy band t-shirts. I love them as they dont ride up and they are loose and cool unlike alot of clingy work out gear (even on top of a sports bra they feel cool). Also fun having a bit of nostalgia with an old fave rock band on you as you work out. x
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I wear the sprot tank tops with the built in bra, as well as a sports bra, I hate bouncing. I sweat but never over heat. For bottoms I wear the yoga capris or shorts with spandex blend. I never wear long pants. Always have a towel , hand towel size, close by too!!
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I run a lot, too and sweat like a pig. I try to stay away from 100% cotton. Most of the "heat gear" clothing I have is mainly polyester. I wear short bike pants which are cotton/polyester/spandex.
  • Htay88
    Htay88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of walking. I just layer with tank tops and a long sleeve. I take them off as i get overheated. My brother who plays a huge array of sports swears by his Under Armor brand clothes.He wears them under all of his uniforms. When i went to one of their outlet stores they have many different styles and they are all designed to keep you cool/keep you warm. They have pants, shorts, tanks, t-shirt. I would recommend them. :smile:
  • crystal10584
    Options
    I workout in guy's basketball shorts. they breathe super easy. when i'm at home, it's a sports bra and a tank top undershirt.
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    maybe its just me but the stuff that is good at holding in sweat, also holds in the funk AFTER you take them off.... my "breathable" workout clothes has the smell us musty underarms even AFTER washing in Tide... I didn't have this problem with any of my other clothes.... started using vinegar int he wash cycle...problem free ever since
  • Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I buy the majority of my exercise/workout clothes at target and they are amazing! They are cheap and last through a million washes still looking/smelling great!
  • danipals
    danipals Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Target vote. I love their Long & Lean Tanks as well as their champion sports bras. Walmart has some Danskin pants that I love too (black with pink band on top). I agree with these tech fabrics holding in the smell and will take a whole load of my husband's and my stuff and soak it in a tub filled with Oxyclean and that seems to get it out. I always feel more motivated when I'm dressed to really work out!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I am finding good bottoms at TJMaxx. Usually between 9.99 and 19.99. I like the MPG stuff they have.
  • iluvmine
    iluvmine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    walmart has some really good workout pants.. lightweight and tight fitting..
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the great suggestions. I think I need to go shopping soon :-)