I need help losing weight!!!

Options
So for the past month I have been excercising at least 3 days a week, i try to shoot for 5 days & I have been counting my calories & been doing well with that ( always under my calorie goal) okay ill admit sometimes the food i eat are not always healthy but im still always under my goal. Anywho I have lost 5lbs so far but it just ticks me off when i lose a pound or 2 & then the next day when i feel like i did really well i gain a pound back. I have been at 185 for about 2 weeks now. I will lose weight & get down to 184 or 183 but then i gain it back. So does anyone know some good ways on losing weight & keeping it off because I am having a hard time with this, I wold love to lose another 5lbs by easter.

Please Help!!

Replies

• HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself everyday for starters. Also chart your measurements! Measure your arms (bicep area with arm outstretched), upper thigh, waist, and hips. Those are the 4 I track. A lot of times the weight may not be going any where but the inches are!! Also becareful of those bad calories. Your body burns healthy calories quicker than unhealthy ones!!!!
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I noticed that at first too. Don't weigh yourself everyday. You will probably also want to step up the exercise. Lift weights 3 days a week and do some cardio the others. I'm guessing you are female...so it's important to remember that depending on the time of the month we can gain and lose weight at random. Keep it up...stay focused on eating good foods and drinking water!!
  • Awineburg
    Awineburg Posts: 196
    Options
    #1 Do not weigh yourself everyday! many things will change your weight from day to day :)
    Drink more water? It may help
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    The wieght fluctuations you see from day to day are normal, usually water weight that varies for a variety of reasons (salt intake, exercise, TOM, etc...) which is why MFP and a lot of other programs recommend only weighing once a week. To make weight loss consistent, cut out the unhealthy foods and stick to a healthy diet of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains (be careful on amounts here - easy to overdo, for me at least). Too much processed/unhealthy foods will screw up weight loss, even if the calories are technically within bounds. Also, how long do you exercise for? Experts say to lose weight, you really need to workout for 60-90 minutes most days - 30 minutes will only help to maintain where you're at.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    You have to pay attention to WHAT you eat as well as how much. If you eat 1200 calories worth of snickers bars it's not going to help you lose weight. You can eat junk food in moderation, but make sure that you eat healthy foods. Also, make sure your exercises are good workouts. Sweat a little :)
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    FRIEND ME and I will tell you my weight loss plan. You have to eat healthy foods to lose weight. Try the body by vi 90 day challenge
  • chillijam1
    chillijam1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    hi for one stop keep weighing yourself every day ,you should only be weighing yourself once a week ,in the morning on same day of week.my weigh goes up and down each day but i go off my weight what it says when i weigh myself that once.if you keep doing this it will demotivate you ,plus some days you hold more water than others depending on what you eat.just watch your calories your entering ive found if you use other ones on site and dont enter your own sometimes there not true readings,so ive found it easier to start up my own foods so i know exactly what im eating,yes i know it will take time to enter but it will be worth it,because if your like myself most weeks i eat more or less the same so its only the new food you need to enter each time.try also variety of different exercises dont stick to same all time because your body will get use to this,you need to keep kidding it so it has to work just has hard as first time you exercised.
    i hope this helps you a little :smile:
  • Cas0529
    Cas0529 Posts: 15
    Options
    thank you everyone, losing weight is not easy. I am going to set a goal to only weigh myself once a week as hard as it is going to be. & i didnt really think about the bad calories i just thought as long as i was under my goal i would be okay, but that is not the case so its healthy eating for me from now on.