Starting an Acai berry experiment

Options
I've been hearing alot about acai berries and colon cleansers and how they work wonders for weight loss and decided to do my own testing.

So as of now, I weigh 190lbs and I will be taking Alive Herbs Acai Berry standardized Extract 10:1. 500mg capsules. They were bought at Morning Sun health food in Sunridge Mall in Calgary, Alberta Canada.
The dosing on the bottle says to take 2 capsules 1-2 times daily after meals or as directed by a health practioner.

The colon cleanser that I will be using is called SineQuaNon dietary supplement, 170mg tablets, which is a completely Organic cleanser that has Ginkgo Biloba, aloe vera, milk thistle and aged garlic.Dosage: start with one tablet or 2 at bedtime. Dont exceed 12 per day.

So if you want to see how this little experiment of mine works, add me as a friend and follow my posts, as I will post daily as to how I feel, how much weight I have lost and basically if I believe this is the real thing or a waste of time.

:flowerforyou: :happy: :bigsmile: :love: :tongue:

Replies

• natspoiledbrat
    Options
    I was thinking about trying some kind of Acai Berry supplement, but didn't know which one. I have also been considering doing a colon cleanse. Please keep us updated! I would love to know how well it works! Good luck!
  • rskidmore
    rskidmore Posts: 212
    Options
    I too look forward to the results! I'd be open to trying something like that if it provides good results. :) Good luck!
  • jdurham87
    jdurham87 Posts: 62
    Options
    I just bought a meal replacement with acai berry in it, so I would love to hear how it goes with you. Added!
  • tomigirl45
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I too am trying the Acai Berry. I have been on the program of the Acai Berry and the Cleanse for about 2 weeks. I haven't lost any pounds as of yet. I am curious to see if the brand names make a difference. I am on the Acai Berry Optimum and the Advance Cleanse. I am to take 2 Acai after breakfast and 3 Cleanse before bed. I will continue until the bottles are empty and I will report the outcome. Good luck to the young lady who just started and please keep me informed.

Tomi
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I took Acai last year .. got the liquid caps from puritan's pride that had 1500 mg per capsule. I didn't lose any weight quicker than I did at the time, even when I increased my dose a few times before going back to one cap twice a day. It did give me a nice energy boost, kinda like taking a shot of Emergen-C, so I kept taking it with my multivitamin (by the way, the energy boost wasn't heightened when I took more).

About 4 months in, I realized that almost everyone who was doing the same exercise program with me got sick at least once but me. My supply lasted me about 11 months and I didn't even catch a cold.

I just decided to get another batch and I look forward to taking it again. It's a great antioxidant.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    This thread reminded me of something I read today. It is from the book "Walk The Walk" by Leslie Sansone. I am offering it as Free Advice, so it MAY be worth what you pay for it, But I still felt moved to share it.

YOU HAVE THE POWER
    In a 'Consumer Reports' survey of 12,000 people who attempted diets the big winners were the ones who acted on their own to change their exercise and diet routines. Of the most successful weight losers--those who lost an average of 37 pounds and kept it off for 5 years--83% did it without following an official program or diet or joining any group.
    Only 12% used meal replacements such as meal shakes, and just 6% used diet pills or other supplements.
  • shireenmears
    Options
    Hi did this help you at all? I'm new to this and want to try this too.
  • desirez131
    desirez131 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I did an acai berry supplement with a cleanser and had no weight loss. I think this was due to the fact that I wasn't ready to change my eating habits. I think if I would be where I am now and taking them, I would see more of a result. So my recommendation is that you are truely changing your eating habits before you start. Good luck!