Exercisingy

Options
HI.

Im new to this website and its really working for me. However, I dont understand this...Im on a 1200 calories a day diet and sometimes I might eat a little over. I've been exercising and I always exercise enough to make sure I burned off the calories. When I click on the done for the day tab, it seems that the more exercise Im doing the more Im going to weigh in 5 weeks. When I dont exercise, it will say Im at for ex 151 in 5 weeks. When I do exercise alot it will say that I will weigh 157 in 5 weeks. Why am I going to weigh more according to the diet if I do exercise.

Thanks
Cindy

Replies

• starlight38
    starlight38 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    HI.

Im new to this website and its really working for me. However, I dont understand this...Im on a 1200 calories a day diet and sometimes I might eat a little over. I've been exercising and I always exercise enough to make sure I burned off the calories. When I click on the done for the day tab, it seems that the more exercise Im doing the more Im going to weigh in 5 weeks. When I dont exercise, it will say Im at for ex 151 in 5 weeks. When I do exercise alot it will say that I will weigh 157 in 5 weeks. Why am I going to weigh more according to the diet if I do exercise.

Thanks
    Cindy
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Are you adding the workouts to your exercise page??
  • scprice
    Options
    i haven't explored site enough to know that it predicts what i'm going to weigh. but any workout can build muscle, which can make you heavier...slimmer and healthier and maybe less fat, but heavier. Muscle is heavier than fat. Dont mean to lecture, just hoping to be helpful. sus
  • mamboslam
    Options
    You might be gaining muscle.Muscle weighs more than fat. Maybe, instead of weighing yourself you should be measuring yourself to see if you have lost inches. See if your clothes look differently. Sometimes the scale is not the best indicator of fitness.
  • starlight38
    starlight38 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    yes I am adding in the exercise. That's whats been happening...I add in the exercise and it says that I'm not going to lose as fast as I would if I didnt exercise....Sorry but I don't get it. Is it because the website figures I'm gaining muscle.
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I think it just may be looking at your calories. You add calories to your food when you exercise and maybe it doesn't subtract that when you finish for the day. I noticed the same thing.