Pork Chops for Dinner

Options
So I have never ate healthy in my life & i definetly do not know how to make healthy meals. So tonight we are having pork chops, what are some good ideas on how to make a healthy meal with pork chops.

Replies

• JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    Why not season them lightly with lemon pepper, bake them thoroughly. Serve with applesauce, brown rice (or any other grain...buckwheat, quionoa) and steamed veggies!
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    season with fresh herbs, rub them in good and grill them, or bake them. yummy, thats what i had last night
  • amyilene03
    amyilene03 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have always made pork chops by just seasoning them with fajita seasoning or a steak seasoning. You can cook them on a pan with no extra oil because they have just enough. Cover them to cook them thoroughly. Also, I really like the pampered chef products. They have some stoneware that is just awesome. Throw them on there in the oven at 350 and cook for about an hour and they come out perfect. Pork chops are probably my favorite meal. Hope this helps!
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love pork chops. We buy the boneless ones and grill them but you could broil them too and they cook quickly :) I have mine with brown rice, black-eyed peas, some steamable vegetables (from the freezer cuz I'm lazy), and a side salad. Walaaa :)
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    definately remove all the fat and grill them. My trainer told me to stay away from pork though :(
  • krd82
    krd82 Posts: 53
    Options
    I buy the thin cut boneless ones and fry them, sometimes bake them. I usually have green beans or spinach with it. When I bake them I brown them first in olive oil in a pan, I mix water with mushroom soup in a baking pan and make a bed of rice and bake it on top of it. Thats my hubby's favorite!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    All have suggested great ways, you are limited only by your taste in seasonings. Left overs - chop up and mix with your own home made fried rice (with brown rice of course).
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Marinade them in Italian Dressing and grill them!
  • kimd1974
    kimd1974 Posts: 113
    Options
    That's what we are having tonight also. I grill them with some Mrs. Dash seasoning.
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Ways to treat pork chops:

Rubs:
    1 part each cinnamon, cumin, salt, and pepper
    1 part each cocoa, cumin, salt and pepper
    1 part each fennel seed (ground up in a coffee grinder), orange zest and salt and pepper

Marinades:
    -minced garlic, rosemary (dried or fresh), lemon zest and salt & pepper
    -nonfat greek yogurt, curry powder and chopped mango or papaya
    -soy sauce, green onions, garlic, grated ginger