FYI about Red Robin

kuaaina
kuaaina Posts: 44 Member
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
Any burger at Red Robin can be made petite size. It is the size of the kids burger. It is not on menu so you have to ask.

HTH

Replies

• jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    All I can say is: YUM!!!!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    great to know, since I love Red Robin and haven't eaten there in quite a while...but would like to try it out sometime...
  • Any burger at Red Robin can be made petite size. It is the size of the kids burger. It is not on menu so you have to ask.

HTH

That is awesome!!!! :) Thanks for the info :)
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Hmmm...I'll have to try that. My hubby and I don't eat out too often, but we love a good Red Robin burger every once in a while! YUUUM! Thanks!
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    That's great info! Is there any way of finding out the caloric count on these smaller burgers?
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    That is AWESOME! I know the regular burgers are like 1000 calories and over... I will have to order the petite size next time I go. I LOVE me some Red Robin Burgers!~
  • lersie
    lersie Posts: 46 Member
    Don't be fooled by the salads either. I went there for dinner the other night with a friend who had one of those giant burgers, while I at the harvest apple salad. I knew it would be some calories and I figured around 500, but to my surprise I googled it when I got home and it was over 800! Thanks goodness I hadn't eaten that much that day and got in a good workout that I could afford to eat that much. This is one of the reasons why I don't eat out that much, because you just never know how much you are really eating.
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    At Red Robin, you can also get a "lettuce bun," and it's delicious. They give you like half of a head of iceberg lettuce for the top bun and another half of a head of iceberg lettuce for the bottom bun. It's really, really good that way!
  • kuaaina
    kuaaina Posts: 44 Member
    Don't be fooled by the salads either. I went there for dinner the other night with a friend who had one of those giant burgers, while I at the harvest apple salad. I knew it would be some calories and I figured around 500, but to my surprise I googled it when I got home and it was over 800! Thanks goodness I hadn't eaten that much that day and got in a good workout that I could afford to eat that much. This is one of the reasons why I don't eat out that much, because you just never know how much you are really eating.

I have been getting petite burgers (no cheese :-( ) and a side salad (no cheese and a small amount of dressing) it is still higher in calories but at least I don't feel so bad about eating out. We eat out roughly once a week so I have been trying to find small ways to feel less guilty
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    and, I just went to the Red Robin website, and you can customize any burger, and then look at the nutrional info based on the bun/patty/toppings of your choice, and they appear to be the full sized burger. You have the option of a turkey or meatless patty as well! Who knew! I "built" a turkey burger with guacamole, lettuce, onion, and tomato on a wheat bun for under 600 calories. That wouldn't be super terrible if you don't over do it on fries.
  • campb5ka
    campb5ka Posts: 4
    You can also get a smaller-sized salad...I just found this out last week :-)
This discussion has been closed.