Pineapple chicken

Options
ambie35
ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
Just put a variation of the pineapple chicken recipe that was on here a while back into my crockpot. Just one large boneless skinless chicken breast and sauce and veggies.I defrosted the chicken first. Does anyone know how long it will take to cook?

Replies

• Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    4 hours on high...6 to 8 hours on low. That's the general rule for chicken from what I understand.

I did the same thing today but hubby put it in around 10 am for dinner.
  • ambie35
    Options
    oh bugger.
    It was kind of spur of the moment decision,was hoping one breast wouldn't take as long to cook,didn't put it in till 4:00,don't want to eat supper at 10:00.
  • glendadykstra
    Options
    It also depends if you left that breast whole or if you cut it into bite size pieces. 8 hours on low isn't unreasonable. High varies on a lot of different things. Fresh veggies or processed- high altitude or low. It all makes a diff. I would shoot for about 6-7 hours on high if whole.. minimum of 6 hours on low if cut.

Good luck. I love pineapple chicken!
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I think it will cook way faster than that since it is thawed. I mean, a breast only takes 30 minutes in the oven from thawed...

If it isn't cooking, couldn't you throw it in a corningware dish and chuck it in the oven instead?
  • ambie35
    Options
    if I get too impatient I might chuck it on the oven. I cut the breast in half,that might help it a long a little,and the veggies are fresh. Its on high.

Yeah...probably going to end up tossing it in the oven.,
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You know I don't know if it would take less time with one. I think in a crock pot it doesn't matter if you have 1 or 4 but I could be wrong. For today chuck it in the oven.