Flatter Stomach Bigger *kitten*!

Options
I was just wondering any exercises I can do that will make my *kitten* bigger other than squats/lunges? I have really crappy knees so I can't do them that long. I also want to get a flatter stomach, the sides and the lower stomach particularly. Any tips?

Replies

• lilliemelissa
    lilliemelissa Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    no suggestions but if you hear any good ones please share!! i'm in exactly the same situation!!!
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    you can do squats and lunges with weights in your hands. I suggest 10 in each hand. If you want to grow the muscle you really have to lift heavy.
    To flatten the stomach, the best thing is running.
    Hope that helps!
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    bicyle crunches work lower and middle of the abs.
    side crunches, laying on back reach your arms to the outside of your inner calves, going from right to left, do not slide your back on the floor..
    hip hop abs- roll your shoulders forward in a standing position, push your tail bone towards your abdomen. repeat as many times as you can. making sure to breath...
  • xXxKayleighxXx
    Options
    I don't have any tips...just wanted to let you know that this thread title made me laugh :laugh:
  • daddyzgurl
    Options
    Cardio, cardio, cardio, for flatter belly and the stepper or stairmaster for a bigger and more shapely hiney!
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    follow @cocosworld on twitter! lol JK lots of sit ups, planks, leg raises, leg holds, balance - thats all core. As for your butt...ask Sir Mix A Lot...Just kidding. Squats and lunges would be my best bet for a booty work out :)
  • tmdugger
    tmdugger Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    haha I actually have this and consider it a problem....30 inch waist and 47 inch hips.... so Ab Ripper X by Tony Horton is AMAZING!!! try yoga, warrior 1 and 2, sun salutations, bridge, boat, and bow

Also stretch out well before and after, drink a protien shake after every workout to help build new muscle....

Anyone with any tips on getting a smaller *kitten* let me know....
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    You know I have been doing Zumba Wii for about 5 weeks now, and am very pleased with what it's doing for my butt. I can actually say I have one now. I have also noticed the beginnings of definition in my stomach, I still have some fat to loose before I will be where I can have much definition, but it's definitely working my abs. I just started doing my Core Secret Ab Assault workout too, which I did before and it was fantastic for my abs. Lots of different types of crunches, getting all the parts of your abs and obliques.

In the past with squats and lunges I also would climb stairs two at a time to help with my butt. I don't need a huge one or nothing, I just want to look somewhat proportionate. lol
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    cardio for the abs and I have a NO FAIL way to get a bigger butt....lets go to the plastic surgeon together...I will have him lipo my hiney and inject it into yours!! LOL other than that sorry, I have the opposite problem!! I have a kim kardashian butt and hate it!!!!!!! ( and NOT a kim kardashian waist unfortunately!) Good luck!
  • jewell614
    jewell614 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering any exercises I can do that will make my *kitten* bigger other than squats/lunges? I have really crappy knees so I can't do them that long. I also want to get a flatter stomach, the sides and the lower stomach particularly. Any tips?

I am striving for the same thing. I know just what you mean. It's not so much you want a huge *kitten*, you want a nice plump shapely one with flat abs, and that is SEXY. I say do lots of bicycle crunches, the stairmaster will be your best friend, and also that excercise where you have to lift your legs while standing, well I'm not sure what it's called, but I will get back to you on it. LOL YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Try brazi butt lift it works your *kitten* muscles, thights, calves and all!!
    haha I actually have this and consider it a problem....30 inch waist and 47 inch hips.... so Ab Ripper X by Tony Horton is AMAZING!!! try yoga, warrior 1 and 2, sun salutations, bridge, boat, and bow

Also stretch out well before and after, drink a protien shake after every workout to help build new muscle....

Anyone with any tips on getting a smaller *kitten* let me know....
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Definitly cardio to help burn the flub that is covering up your amazing abs (well, "your" generally... not specifically...LOL). As for toning those ab muscles, try out a few of these "non-traditional" ab moves that I've grown to love!

- Get those resistance bands!! While standing, stand in the middle of the band with the right foot, and raise both handles in your right hand behind your right shoulder. Then tuck and tighten to the right for 12-16 reps. Do the same for the left side too.

- With those same resistance bands, stand with one foot in front of the other (a comfortable stance) with the middle of the resistance band under your back foot. Bring the handles of the bands behind your head using both hands. Tuck and tighten forward.

- Crunches with weights. Hold a set of weights (I use 10-pounds) in front of your chest while lying down. Then sit up to a 45-degree angle. Then reach the weights/arms out in front of you, then bring the weight up near your forehead (all while sitting in that 45-degree angle). Leaving the weight in front of your forehead, slowly lie back down.
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    as mentioned above, cardio to shred the fat so you can see what muscle you have......cycling is a great exercise for cardio as well as building mucle in the legs and glutes. if you take an indoor cycling class, make sure you work your legs correctly, getting a full leg routine with each pedal. imagine your feet going around like the hands of a clock....between 1:00-5:00 you are pushing down using quads, 5:00-7:00 your calf muscles kick in, 7:00-11:00 you must pull up on your pedals using hamstring, when your foot is at the stop between 11:00-1;00 your glutes kick in. most ppl only push down when they are new at cycling, causing quads to burn out quick. use full leg with every stride. dont be afraid to put some tension on that bike once you have built your endurance and good form. your instructor will help you if you need, please ask, they are happy to help you and make sure you enjoy your ride.
  • xXxKayleighxXx
    Options
    Thanks ladies, some great replies there.

I too want to get rid of my stomach, however i want to keep my butt. I don't want it any bigger but i think my bf would be disappointed if it shrunk altogether ;)

Looks like some zumba and some squats are in order
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    That's part of my problem! I have lost weight but all the weight I've lost is in my butt and my boobs, it is disappointing to my bf as well as myself :(