In need of new shoes..

Options
This may be a lame question, but I need opinions on what would be a really durable athletic sneaker for running/walking - and are not overly expensive? I have a pair of sketchers, I bought them to snug on a whim because they were cute. I also have some nikes for walking, but they are SO incredibly old and worn. I need some good workout sneakers ...like 3 months ago when I started. I'm sick of my feet hurting after a workout on the treadmill.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• AngelicaDulas
    Options
    I just picked up the Reebok Easy-Tones for $60 at Famous Footwear. They have these super cushiony instability balls in the bottoms that make your legs and butt work harder so you tone 20% faster! They're comfy so far and great for walk/running in. They look like normal sneaks too, not all club footed how the Sketchers shape ups are.
  • kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Rykas and they are probably the best running shoe I have ever had. I ran cross country and track in high school and love to run now. Ryka only make female running shoes. I found mine at Shoe Carnival for only about $60.00. They were only about $60.00.
  • jessdulin
    Options
    everyone is different... try going to khols cause if you dont like them they will take them back no matter what!
  • emilylaura7
    Options
    Mizuno....they are the lightest shoe out there...plus the top part is mesh so it allows your feet to breathe a bit more too.
    http://www.mizunousa.com/running/catalog/womensfootwear this is just the direct site so they may be a bit cheaper at a store. I own a pair and have worn the heck out of them! I guess depending on your budget, you may not want these (but mine were totally worth every penny!) I've also heard Asics are good as well... good luck!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Saucony shoes.
  • Cherrycandy
    Cherrycandy Posts: 200
    Options
    I wear the Nike Initiators. I only paid $35.00 for em and they are very durable and comfy.
  • larisadixon
    larisadixon Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    rykas all the way!
  • IndigoVA
    IndigoVA Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I love my Brooks Adrenaline sneakers. They normally cost around $100, but I recently bought a new pair on Amazon for $65.
  • superstah00
    superstah00 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I bought the KSwiss Tubes for around $75. BEST shoes I have ever had! They don't even feel like they are on my feet!!
  • TabiNS
    TabiNS Posts: 15
    Options
    I just bought a pair of Nike Compete 2's a couple of weeks ago. Before I bought them, I had an old pair of adidas, and my feet definitely felt the hurt. This pair was on sale at Kohl's for $44.95. I think they're back to regular price now ($60). I'm not sure if you have a Kohl's near you, but they usually have really great sales on athletic shoes (and shoes in general). :-)
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    asics, best shoes ever! before i got them i was having issues with foot pain, shin splints etc.

NO MORE!!!

goodluck because everyone is different but i hope this helps! :flowerforyou:
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    Under Armour. I have some Interceptors II(paid $33.00) that make my foot feel good.

Have 3 other pairs of running shoes all Nikes. They can't compete. Even my $130.00 AirMax 360's can't measure up.

My walking shoes are Skechers Shapeups. $98.00 but really stretch my leg muscles & feel good.
  • fishermanwife
    Options
    new balace running shoes are the only ones i have found to not give me blisters
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    I have a pair of Brooks running shoes that were about $60.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I'm in my shoes all day so I wanted something light weight and can do all the different things I do (running, walking, weight lifting, cycling, plyometrics, etc) so I went with the Adidas ClimaCool shoes. Love the way it supports my feet. I have wider feet and like my "toe box" area to have more room so it doesn't fall asleep during workouts.

Another good solid pair of shoes are my Saucony Women's 'Grid Raider' Running Shoes...They're normally around $90-$100 at retail stores but Overstock has it for $60. These are good solid running shoes and was rated highly by running World magazine.

Just an fyi...definitely stay away from LA Gear or Skechers. That shoe maker appeals more for looks than actual functionality.

Shoes will be very different for everyone so your best bet would be to find a running shoe store and see if they can analyze your running style (pronate or supinate) then they can recommend what type of shoe is best for YOU. Once you know, you can research your shoe options and go fromt here.

Hope this helps.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I always try on shoes when my feet are sore, swollen and tired. If the new shoe feels better than the old one, it's a winner. :tongue:
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Looks like I have a world of shoes to pick from! Lol... Great suggestions! :)
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Mizuno....they are the lightest shoe out there...plus the top part is mesh so it allows your feet to breathe a bit more too.
    http://www.mizunousa.com/running/catalog/womensfootwear this is just the direct site so they may be a bit cheaper at a store. I own a pair and have worn the heck out of them! I guess depending on your budget, you may not want these (but mine were totally worth every penny!) I've also heard Asics are good as well... good luck!

I agree!!! I love mine and mine are really a trail shoe they show less dirt then other tennis shoes!!!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Saucony shoes.
    THIS!

most comfy shoes EVER.
    I currently work out in Nikes, though, just to not destroy my only pair of Sauconys. I need a second pair desperately
  • albragg
    albragg Posts: 55
    Options
    I really love Asics. Mine were quite expensive, over $100, but I bought them for my half marathon back in July and still wear them to run/exercise in today. I know they have models that are less expensive. I believe I bought a pair for about $40 once.