Exercise Calories Clarification Please

Options
So I've heard that you should eat all of your exercise calories and I've also heard that you only need to eat until you net 1200. For someone looking to lose weight quickly, which is correct?

Replies

• Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    For a man, 1200 is nowhere near enough. Read the links in my signature and you'll get a couple of detailed explanations. For the record, I eat as many of my exercise calories as I can and I lost 25 pounds in three months (5 were pre-MFP) and am currently at maintenance. Good luck man!
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person.

I lose weight quicker when I net an average of 1500-1600 calories per day (5'5 and a half, approx 125-6 lbs atm, approx 21% body fat).
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    you have to make that decision for yourself. and whatever decision you make, it'll probably change a few times before you reach your final goal. for a little help, go to www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com

hope that helps.
  • crissa71
    crissa71 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    you have to make that decision for yourself. and whatever decision you make, it'll probably change a few times before you reach your final goal. for a little help, go to www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com

hope that helps.

That is FUNNY! I love it! Celo24 gave me the same advice and since I started listening...I've started losing weight! Thanks Celo24!!
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options

hope that helps.

That is FUNNY! I love it! Celo24 gave me the same advice and since I started listening...I've started losing weight! Thanks Celo24!!

i forgot to cite my source on that one. we give credit to MFP user Taso42.
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options

hope that helps.

Awesome!! Thanks for the update! Glad my advice helped you out. :bigsmile: