Today was a bad day to start...

Options
After just entering the food I ate today I realized just how bad my situation really is. This app may just change my life. I am starting to eat healthy right now by throwing away the pepsi max and grabbing a water bottle. Something needs to change or I may not be around to see my 2 kids (both under 4yrs) grow to be adults. Feel free to let me have it for being a slob up until this point.

Thanks and Hi!

Replies

• teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    only sending kudos your way for deciding to change!! just wait til you see what you can do!!!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    No way! Chin up cause this site is about to change and rock your world! You are only going to find support and friends here. If you record your food, support your friends back and be honest with yourself, then you are already on an amazing new journey! Best wishes and friend me if you wish! Give yourself a chance to get use to us!!
  • austxdreamin
    Options
    I will never call anyone a slob!! At least you have recognized the need for a change and that is all that matters!

Welcome to MFP!!!
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Correction - today was a GOOD day to start, because you learned something valuable. :)
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    The most important part is realizing what you're eating, and making the change to healthier choices!
    Don't worry, as cheesy as it sounds, YOU CAN DO IT :D
  • duggers923
    duggers923 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi MK

Yeah was there last night. Started exercising then entered my Panda Express dinner and realized I have a lot to learn about eating right. Only thing I can tell you is put down the stick - no need to beat you up - you are making a choice for you and your kids. (I have three under 10). I have also been to two funerals in the last two years of guys under 40.

Good luck and welcome from one Newbie to another

D
  • mrk1day
    mrk1day Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It is never a bad day to start!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    After just entering the food I ate today I realized just how bad my situation really is. This app may just change my life. I am starting to eat healthy right now by throwing away the pepsi max and grabbing a water bottle. Something needs to change or I may not be around to see my 2 kids (both under 4yrs) grow to be adults. Feel free to let me have it for being a slob up until this point.

Thanks and Hi!

today is a GREAT DAY TO START....you starting and logging will give you a wonderful view into what you have been doing...it may not be pretty but it will help you get a hold of your life....log log log log log and be honest with yourself...change one thing at a time so as not to shock your system if you are very new to this whole healthy living thing....but the thing i recommend the most is being honest with your journal and you will end up being honest with yourself .....

welcome to your new life.....it's gonna be great :-)
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Won't fuss at you unless you quit and give-up :angry: . It's hard and only those that really want to change do. DO IT FOR YOUR KIDS even if you hate it :flowerforyou:
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options

Thanks and Hi!

today is a GREAT DAY TO START....you starting and logging will give you a wonderful view into what you have been doing...it may not be pretty but it will help you get a hold of your life....log log log log log and be honest with yourself...change one thing at a time so as not to shock your system if you are very new to this whole healthy living thing....but the thing i recommend the most is being honest with your journal and you will end up being honest with yourself .....

welcome to your new life.....it's gonna be great :-)

Good One !!! :heart:
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Any day that you decide to change your eating habits is a good day. Welcome to MFP!!!!!!!! Keeping a food diary does help and so does the support of family and friends. Welcome to MFP!!!!!!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    We all started somewhere, but you already took the most important step and decided to do something about it! This site is a great tool to get yourself on track to being much healthier. It takes a little bit of time, but you will get the hang of eating healthy, I know it's worked great for me :) good luck on your weight loss and feel free to add me as a fiend if you would like some support!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    My first day was like that too.... and I had already decided that I needed to eat less junk, so I was entering a "better" day with a walk!
    But, my immediate reaction was to see what I could do to change and I haven't looked back in 11 weeks.
    My initial goal was really just to record what I was eating so I could see what I needed to change, but seeing a big red number at the end of day really motivated me to pay attention to what I was eating!
    Well done for taking the first step - baby steps are the way to go!