Water is so hard to drink.

Options
DaniiDean
DaniiDean Posts: 162 Member
I say to myself everyday that I will drink 8 pints of water a day and can barely make it to 4, I try so hard but I just can't do it. Sometime I add juice to it but I really would rather eat my calories than drink them away.
Anyone else have this problem or ways to help?

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    It is supposed to be 8 glasses of water (8oz) a pint = 2 glasses (16oz) no wonder you can't make it. :smile:
  • Justin1975
    Options
    walmart brand crystal light or crystal light!!! You will find yourself drinking more than you can imagine.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    It is supposed to be 8 glasses of water (8oz) a pint = 2 glasses (16oz) no wonder you can't make it. :smile:

Should have checked, different country LoL, might be different there, not sure of your measurement of pint. Sorry
  • tsgaddy
    tsgaddy Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Add a little fresh squeezed lemon. I also use a larger container (72 oz) so that I feel I just need to finish one thing and I have all day to do it
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    pints? You are supposed to drink 8 glasses a day (supposedly)...but this is a theory and I honestly believe that everyone is different and if your body doesn;t want the water, don't force it.

But a good dip my esthatician told me it to put some fresh lemon juice and honey in there. Makes it taste better. I like to have hot tea, which is calorie-free and I count it as water.
  • gingermim
    gingermim Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Crystal light or just plain lemon added to water makes it more platable...also I use plain green tea as part of my water count. I also like to drink hot water with slices of lemon...I am up to between 12 and 16 glasses/day.
  • DaniiDean
    Options
    walmart brand crystal light or crystal light!!! You will find yourself drinking more than you can imagine.

From the UK no walmart here :(
  • nitashagarcia
    Options
    I have the same problem! What I actually do is buy Hawaiian punch packets that are like $1 at Wal-Mart and its 5 calories for a half a packet, I normally use the whole packet though which is 10 calories then...but it has no sugar in it. Or do what Justin said and use Crystal Light! Good luck! :)
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    It's a lot easier to drink water if you have pills/supplements to take down; daily multi-vitamin, etc.

If you aren't already on a multi I strongly suggest it for weight-loss purposes.... lets your body know you have everything you need so it can release all the other stuff :-)
  • megankayden
    megankayden Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I will leave glasses around my house and just take a sip or drink whenever I walk by them lol kinda strange but it works!
  • DaniiDean
    Options

Should have checked, different country LoL, might be different there, not sure of your measurement of pint. Sorry

It's ok here in UK we should have 8 pints apparently :)
  • nitashagarcia
    Options
    Aw, sorry now that it popped up, you're from the UK :( Hmm...
  • shuneault
    shuneault Posts: 13
    Options
    I agree with the Crystal Light single packets for water bottles. They are 5 calorie packets and I put one in a 1.5L bottle of water and I can drink the entire bottle in no time!
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    8 pints is a lot of water. You should maybe aim for 8 cups?

I used to have a hard time drinking all my water, but I found a couple things that help.
    1) When I take my pills, I wash them down with a whole cup of water ... rather than a handful of water from the bathroom tap!
    2) If I have water in a glass, I tend to sip it and never finish. If I put my water in a reusable water bottle, I tend to take longer, deeper drinks and to drink more frequently. There's just something different about drinking from a bottle. I fill the bottle and keep it next to me and just remind myself to take a drink every time I notice it.
  • EllyK09
    EllyK09 Posts: 75
    Options
    Buy a large water bottle. I have a 32 oz. that I keep with me at ALL times. It will become a habit to drink from the bottle throughout the day. I can easily drink five 32 oz. bottles a day and sometimes more.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hi! Try this.....put some raspberries or pineapple ( is can be strawberries) in the freezer.... when you drink your water add the frozen fruit and see if it helps. Of course lemon or lime but your might find these refreshing! Best wishes!
  • heathera1980
    Options
    One thing I noticed is it goes down a lot easier of it's basically room temperature. If it's cold, I have to choke it down and gag! :sick: Another idea, add a packet of crystal light to your water, that definitely goes down a lot easier! I went from drinking maybe one 8 ounce glass of water to averaging 8 or more per day just by doing the top two things(I have one packet of crystal light per day though). (I've been doing that for 3 weeks now!) Hope it helps!
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    When you wake up just down two glasses of water, right off the bat you have two of your eight glass that you need. Always kerry a water bottle around with you. I did this fitness challenge at school last year and the hardest one for everyone was getting the water in. We bought 8 oz nalgenes and used that and kept it with us all the time, and then it felt good to keep ticking the cups off. If you always have water with you and just sporadically take sips of it you'll be downing it before you know it. Drink a full glass with each meal too.

I understand it being hard though I go through periods where I take in a ton of water and then just stop and get water in, but not enough just keep trying.
  • EmicaL
    EmicaL Posts: 31
    Options
    I add lemon juice or lime juice. a few squirts doesn't add calories.

I just force myself to it... Sitting on the couch watching my morning news or evening shows...

Also, you don't need 8 pints you need 8 CUPS = 64oz. You will need more depending on climate, activity, and other factors. Try this quiz to see how much you need in a day.
    http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options

From the UK no walmart here :(

Robinsons no added sugar squash. Loads of different flavours. 20 calories for 100ml. I add the 100ml and the rest water in to an empty litre bottle and drink it through the day. Tastes nice and it's half of what you're advised to drink a day. It doesn't have to be plain water, just fluid.