Question for the ladies....

Options
So do any of you find that your eating and excercising habits/desires are directly affected by your "cycle"? I find that during my first week and a half I'm hellbent on eating right and excercising regularly. Come the middle of the second week I find myself craving more foods and feeling hungrier. The third week I start feeling very lethargic - not wanting to excercise and feeling very reluctant to eat properly. The last week is usually my self pity week. I start eating yucky and even though I'm excersicing, I just feel like giving up! Then at the end of it all, I feel so horrible about the way I've eaten / felt over the last week or so that I'm once again hellbent on doing it right and it starts all over again!!

Am I alone in this??!??!?

Replies

• austxdreamin
    Options
    You are NOT alone!!! I was nodding my head in agreement as I read your post!!!
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    Same here...like you said it's a cycle...I always feel lethargic the week before it arrives and all I want to do is sleep!
  • rumcheeka
    Options
    I agree ... I feel exactly the same way, a vicious cycle ... and then to top it off I have so much water retention, I can put on up to 5 lbs .... argh!!
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's exactly how I am too!
  • jene77
    jene77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my life! I have always said I have one good week out of the month lol
  • julieban1
    julieban1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    DEFINATELY NOT ALONE!!!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I suffer from this too... lol

I find that a reallly really Realllllllly hard work out in the middle of the lethargic or craving times cures it almost completely,.... its getting yourself to commit to the hard work out that is tough.
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    Definitely have cycles of cravings, etc with cycle and I am finding it is changing as I inch closer to menopause! I try and find things to curb the cravings to offset it! Hang in there!
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Ovulating definitely screws with me quite a bit as far as eating habits, etc., are involved. That is usually somewhere in week 2.
  • clang1
    clang1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    OMG - I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!! Not that I wish it upon ANYONE but it's encouraging to know that I'm not the only one dealing with it!

Thanks for the support guys!
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Feeling exactly the same and I was about to give up until I read your post. At least I'm not alone on this thanks for sharing.
  • ItsAsha
    ItsAsha Posts: 78
    Options
    Nope, not at all. I usually get “physically” sick when it’s my time, but I have found that working out regularly really does help with that. I’m not as motivated around that time, but it helps with the lethargic feeling.

I recently learned about flax seed oil. I started taking it recently and have been recommending it like it’s my j-o-b. It stops your hunger and is a great vitamin. I take the flax seed oil capsule, but they have actual ground seeds that you can mix with food if you’re not a pill person. Try that for your cravings, I absolutely love it!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Yes I know that feeling well I am total mess with my eating a week prior, completely lazy while it's on and it sometimes takes me the next week just to get back on track.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I crave chocolate around my TOM. I always do well with exercize and I never feel more tired, but I crave the wrong types of foods. I just exercize more so I can splurge on my treats.
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    YES! this is my "week before" and i already ran downstairs to the snack shop at work and bought a dove chocolate bar and ate the whole thing! thank goodness it was only 190 calories of dark chocolate (could have been much worse), but now i have to go home and run my 3 miles tonight and it is the LAST thing i want to do. but i WILL do it!!!! have to!!

the week before is always worse than the actual week for me...
  • get_it_gone2012
    Options
    Hehehe... EXACTLY the same thing happens to me. Like exactly. It's kind of scary...
  • kbean33
    kbean33 Posts: 50
    Options
    Dito!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Menstruation used to complicate my life too. Finally had Jan spayed. Problem solved.
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You are NOT alone!!! I was nodding my head in agreement as I read your post!!!

totally this!
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Menstruation used to complicate my life too. Finally had Jan spayed. Problem solved.

LOL!