Fulfilling foods that you have whilst counting calories?

Options
JackboyE
JackboyE Posts: 32 Member
I'm talking about foods you love and can have without affecting your calorie intake that bad.

For me, I often have 2 sugars with a tea and, besides the bad effects from sugar, it doesn't affect my calorie count.

I absolutely hate calorie counting because getting near 200g protein is a right challenge for me.

So go on, what low calorie foods do you take in to keep yourself happy?

Replies

• pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Red or yellow bell pepper strips. They are sweet, crunchy and refreshing. I can eat them all by themselves or with some hummus to dip in.
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwhiches.
  • shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    Options
    My homemade oat biscuits Yummy!! (only 40ish cals per biscuit!!)
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello cups, lettuce, and...i enjoy an occasional cup of white vinagar.
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    Bell peppers with hummus, spaghetti squash instead of pasta both are super low calorie and can really fill out up.
  • Hannahrenee86
    Options
    Definitely Red/Yellow Bell Peppers and Rainbow Slaw (Cut up carrots, broccoli, cauliflower)
  • jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    air popped pop corn....when I have the munchies, I can munch on a ton of it. I also love cucumbers and tomatoes in vinegar with some salt and pepper- yummmm. And, just so I don't feel deprived of anything sweet, I eat a sweet potato almost every day....
  • Wignasty
    Wignasty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, carrot sticks, celery, canned tuna, lean chicken, and peanut butter.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I try not to think too much about it being "low calorie" so much as "high nutrition". I LOVE greek yogurt, or avacados, or nuts. None of these is low in calorie, but for the amount of filling you get from them, they are worth the calories you consume.
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    my starbucks. I'm so in love. I bought a bag of ground verona bold decaf and have 2 sugars and a dab of almond joy flavored cream. LOVE IT!
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I love to take cut up cabbage , carrots, celery, peppers and any other veggie I might have and throw them in a skillet steam with water till tender. I also like whole wheat pasta with a can of low sodium crushed tomatoes and some parmessan cheese.
  • JackboyE
    Options
    Oooo bell peppers haha I never heard them being called that so I had to google (teenage naivety I guess) and yes I love to chop them up and eat them, any colour :)

Hahah for low calories or just as like a thing? I do peanut butter with jam (UK) well I used to and yep, they are fantastic, I agree!
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Oooo bell peppers haha I never heard them being called that so I had to google (teenage naivety I guess) and yes I love to chop them up and eat them, any colour :)

Hahah for low calories or just as like a thing? I do peanut butter with jam (UK) well I used to and yep, they are fantastic, I agree!

What's considered "low calories" now a days anyway? It fits my macros and calories. Plus, I haven't seen any adverse health effects from a lack of micro nutrition yet so.. :)
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Microwaved canned pumpkin with sweetener and cinnamon!!!
  • JackboyE
    Options

What's considered "low calories" now a days anyway? It fits my macros and calories. Plus, I haven't seen any adverse health effects from a lack of micro nutrition yet so.. :)

Good point. On my bulk base I have 2 peanut butter sandwiches a day (and it doesn't hurt to add jam!). I love them. I've only had 2 teaspoons of peanut butter today, I just seem to completely ghost bread at times....

I also find rich tea biscuits to be good if I want a snack LOL
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    peppers, oranges, rice crispy treats for my sweet tooth...